What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

had my farm assurance inspection today..... :)  all well gold star so I`m a happy bunny if a cold one FFFFFFFFFFFFfreeezin here today....never got above zero and considering how little snow we have compared to other parts of the country, it really was bitterly cold.

Spoke to a friend from near  Kielder tonight who is snowed in,they spent the day trying to rescue sheep to lower fields estimates they have an 18 inch level cover and its not started to blow yet which is the next stage if it stays so cold he says.my relatives at dunoon have 4 inches at sea level.my cousin at crieff has 18 inches and a broken leg..he fell out of the tractor on the golf course doing what i have no idea. ::)

you.ll be passing me one of these days  :D  you come a fiar  way over oswersty and shopshire  im not far from their

PM me whereabouts, you never know Si.

Tomorrow I'm off up to Cambridge in the artic to take a load of spares up for the next sale and bring a 165 and two 590's back from the last sale. I should be in bed!!

Finished ploughing for 2010, now shouldn't really plough in snow but gotta get it done and was last 10 acres so was told just to get it done so following orders. ;D    Lets just say grip was a big big issue

why not plough the snow under phill?it's only water right? I've seen it done in germany.

why not plough the snow under phill?it's only water right? I've seen it done in germany.

something to do with lowering the temperature of the soil too much? mind you i'm only a townie pretending to know what he's talking about...

Mainly due to like goon said it can lower the soil temperature too much low down and can take a long while in spring for it to warm up properly especially down at the depth it was ploughed under too.  Then have also know for yield to suffer for it not to sure what reason for this is but will try find out :)

Mainly due to like goon said it can lower the soil temperature too much low down and can take a long while in spring for it to warm up properly especially down at the depth it was ploughed under too.  Then have also know for yield to suffer for it not to sure what reason for this is but will try find out :)

good lord, i was right?  :of

Arh ok Phil,cheers for that.Could not spring plough the last of the paddock then?

Arh ok Phil,cheers for that.Could not spring plough the last of the paddock then?

I suggested it but boss wanted plough parked up and water drained out of the wheels of the deere start getting it ready for other jobs

How was the JD clinic bigx?

Well that is it for me I have escaped the clutches of the winter weather by going offshore. I was supposed to go on tuesday but due to delays didnt get here until today yesterday had a nice days christmas shopping with the wife and eldest son and I stayed the night in Aberdeen at our crew change hotel (Marriot) then finally got to the platform at 2pm oh and on nights so only had 2 hours sleep so already sleepy. Amazingly only Aberdeen was bad Shetland has had snow but is clear and offshore was like a summers day.

Working with Tracis Dad today and tomorrow. Today we cut back an ash tree and a yew tree after clearing the drive and lane and throwing salt down. Also went out and salted a car park at an office block. Tomorrow, salt the same car park and cut back a line of yew tree's which have grown to close and over one of the buildings there.

Borrowed the neighbours 2850 and headed into town to pick up some rolled barley, poultry pellets, and dog food. Met a Valtra T with a load of coal on't back which had taken a wrong turning, and ended up in the ditch when he tried to reverse back out of the junction. They ended up having to unload him onto three other tractors & trailers.

There were some absolute wassocks on the road. One clown in a Mondeo estate crossed over onto the opposite carriageway to overtake me through a 5ft wide, 18 inch high pile of snow, and then came back through the snow in front of me and nearly lost it when he over compensated.

First time driving an SG2. Interesting machine, but not a patch on a Series III.

am now back home after they cancled the flight, buggers knew at 6 when they delayed it, so refund from them and the gatwick express, and just booked train tickets for 10.45, cheaper to, but now lost the day in london before the show, one poor guys ment to be connecting for a usa flight out of heathrow, was told last night it was going, so didnt change plans, now stuck with 4 hrs to his flight and ??? on the trains or car to get to heathrow

Borrowed the neighbours 2850 and headed into town to pick up some rolled barley, poultry pellets, and dog food. Met a Valtra T with a load of coal on't back which had taken a wrong turning, and ended up in the ditch when he tried to reverse back out of the junction. They ended up having to unload him onto three other tractors & trailers.

There were some absolute wassocks on the road. One clown in a Mondeo estate crossed over onto the opposite carriageway to overtake me through a 5ft wide, 18 inch high pile of snow, and then came back through the snow in front of me and nearly lost it when he over compensated.

First time driving an SG2. Interesting machine, but not a patch on a Series III.

Boss man had similar yesterday when he went to town on the 3600. Some clown in a Paasat passed him on a notorious hill on a back road doing 60km/hr (James F will know the hill well  ;D ).

All was in the supermarket were tractors and a small few 4x4's.

6 hrs late but we are in London so not lost the show ticket money which is great but don't think we will have time for the London eye now hey ho next time i guess , Oxford st is heaving so sat in starbucks

Just had a call from the London eye operators Sean... they said if you want to go on it you will need to find another incredibly fat bloke to go in the opposite pod or they worry that the thing will strain the motor  :-\  ... they also said they can't put anyone else in your pod with you incase it does break down.. I think they are worried aboput people attempting to jump out  ;D:P:-*

Just had a call from the London eye operators Sean... they said if you want to go on it you will need to find another incredibly fat bloke to go in the opposite pod or they worry that the thing will strain the motor  :-\  ... they also said they can't put anyone else in your pod with you incase it does break down.. I think they are worried aboput people attempting to jump out  ;D:P:-*

good one handsome but how do you get some one of equal weight of sean up in the air so sean can get on  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mainly apologising to customers for the lack of milk, fruit and vegetables on our shelves today. Our deliveries come from Birtley in County Durham and they are miles behind in getting them out to stores given the weather. We are still missing certain orders from wednesday whilst the bigger stores take priority over the smaller ones. Plenty of patience and forced smiles required at the moment.