What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

day off today so a bit of model building,however in the middle of this i had to go and buy  some plasters, followed 2 hrs later  by some gause and a small bandage after i managed to stick my No1 bladed scaple into  the end of my thumb dead flat under the nail, enough infact that i was able to let go and it stayed there by its self, didnt hurt mind, but i did swear a bit i must confess, not 100% but i think the blade may have hit the bone as it was a brand new nice and sharp one . stopped the bleeding now after a bit of pressure from the bandage and the cut is 1cm across so it was the full depth of the blade  ::) ::)::)  i really must be a bit more careful at times :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

got 3/4 s of the garden turned over ready for the cultivator to break it down nice and fine, its only a light weight one and its free, but it will save time in the long run, then a bit more model making and looking after the little one for a couple of hours inbetween

Cut about 20t of wood today into 9" logs. Got it spread over the concrete yard about 3ft deep to sweat for a few days now. Boss will be happy when he comes back this week. We've cut about 100t and there are also 500 nets of kindling in the shed and a fair few paid invoices  :) :)

Whole family went to Stockley Farm today, for those that don't know it is basically a petting farm for the kids (you pet the lambs/calves and not the kids before someone says something), and then had the first BBQ of the year.

been rolling silage fields all day , on the last run round at 6.30 tonight i got bogged in a wet spot & the poor old 6130 wasn't man enough to pull the roller out. everybody else had gone home so i unhitched & left it there.back in the morning so i'll put the 6475 on it to get it out

Today I must have spent 4 to 5 hours in the garden...in rather nice sunny conditions....I'm feeling my brow a bit hot now...need to look out the sun cream if this kinda weather continues for the rest of my holidays. Tomorrow I plan to dig over the vegetable patch...well maybe I'll do it over two days...you don't want to get too much of a good thing all in one day ;) ;)

Finished buffing up the two stained glass windows we had not done yet. Stained two of the planks and the three braces for the next oak door we'll be making. Treated the underside of the garden table with woodworm protector and then sat admiring my handy work with a bottle of Old Rascal cider care of the inlaws as an early birthday present.  :)

Make sure you trim your bush, Bill. Don't what the gnats getting around it.

I've had a lovely 'little' walk today ::)  with my new rucksack on my back with everything in it i'm talking on the Pennine way next month 8)

I walked from Ipswich to Stowmarket following the Gipping Valley path, link for details below.

http://www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?path_name=Gipping+Valley+River+Path

At the moment I have my feet in a bowl  ::) :'(

ooo sheepswash, nice little place ,

for me dug over the last half of the garden ready to use the old cultivator tommorrow, its been sat outside for a year now, uncovered and when picked up took 10 mins to free from the brambles and stuff, quick squirt of wd40 on the leads fired up 2nd pull , must be a good 30 years old, but i dont care its free