What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

already had a good 45 mins soaking, will get that each night at lkeast for a week or two, good turf mind cost me 45 quid

Mornings is better Sean, when it 'wakes up' given the ground conditions at the moment even morning and evening as long as it's cool and a good couple of hours each time too. The water will evaporate quickly in the weather we are currently having. If farmers are rolling maize in - it's dry!

Mornings is better Sean, when it 'wakes up' given the ground conditions at the moment even morning and evening as long as it's cool and a good couple of hours each time too. The water will evaporate quickly in the weather we are currently having. If farmers are rolling maize in - it's dry!

will do that mate, will get a sprinkler make it a bit easier then, well easier thanstanding there with the gun for 1 or 2 hrs at least

nice easy day today, 4th bbq of the year today with the 2 mums and ther stwep daughter and co down, litle ones stil wide awake , jjst left about 10 mins ago ,nothing to do with me whizzing hwer round the garden in her trike at 20 mph ::) ::)::)  or teaching her high fives  ::)  which she has now mastered completley , not sure what the new turf will look like in the morning mind 

nice easy day today, 4th bbq of the year today with the 2 mums and ther stwep daughter and co down, litle ones stil wide awake , jjst left about 10 mins ago ,nothing to do with me whizzing hwer round the garden in her trike at 20 mph ::) ::)::)  or teaching her high fives  ::)  which she has now mastered completley , not sure what the new turf will look like in the morning mind

Someone has been on the Rattler!!  :-\ ::):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

going to get the 168 fueled up & go chain harrow a neighbours field a bit later

Well I hope she starts ok Marcus because my Farmall cub would not yesterday...problem being lack of power in a six volt battery. My French cub started no bother but that has a bigger old 6 volt battery from my Nuffield. Looks like me needs to buy a new one this week.

Had a day of it yesterday, did I ever! Two of us went to a farm just south of Wellington to pick up a Ford 555 digger. It was at the back of a shed with no back wheels, a ram missing from the rear actor and it was a non runner. 7hrs later we had it loaded!! A challenge but an interesting. Just a shame I couldn't tuck into one of half a dozen oak barrels of home pressed cider in the barn! I tried it, it was beautiful and it had to be a good couple of years old! Hopefully I'll go back to pick up the silage sides for some trailers which were also bought.

Today, a bit easier however. Just delivered two remanufactured MF290's to an exporter near Reading. Now off up through Wantage to pick up a customers MF698 to take back for service. Then away to a nearby village to pick up a part stripped down County :of

Same as Paul, really fed up of hearing about it now, i mean, it's not as if my wedding will ever get that much attention so it's hardly fair that they should.

Anyway today i've been to that horrible building they call school, came home, played some football, went out and saw a man eating a pizza with a knife and fork (he did look a bit strange to be fair) now just writing up a letter to a local 3000 acre farm running a fleet of Fastracs and 2 NH CR9080 elevation combines to see if they have any weekend work etc, as i'm dying with boredom at home.

Delivered the two 290's, picked up the 698 and also a 375 which has been on hire for a couple of months. Back into the yard and took a 178 to the MOT centre to have the new VIN verified. Back to yard then out in the 6 wheeler to get the County - an 1124? With blade winch and cab guards. Also a little IH, a flat eight grab, generator, compressor.  .. turned out to be quite a load! Took the JCB 531 as it was not far away so loading was a breeze!