What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Had a scratch about in the garden this morning and put almost the rest of the plum slate down around the path edges. Took Zia down the river for a splash about, came home and watched the Grand Prix highlights/surfed ebay and now having tidied up our office room. . .. I have dug out a model a started and done a little more. Traci's doing the tea, pup is asleep . . . may get away with a little while longer up here yet!

Sean.... not a drop of cider in the house :(

what model are you doing tris?

Where have you been looking in FTF over the past few years Sean... :huh: ...I'm fairly sure Damian has a 4 wd David Brown and also a Ford County although I cannot remember the models :unsure:

Yep you're right Bill...David Brown 1210 4wd and County 4000 four 4wd

A couple of nice machines there Damian and lovely nice blue skies and nice photos too...... I didn't know you were into shooting game and vermin....oh sorry you meant photo shooting tractors :huh:

No you were right again Bill...vermin control ! and pictures as well .

Getting popular all over now, Sean. It's a weight saving concept but quite often they are set behind some side skirts so as to give the look of a smooth 4x2 rather that a cluttered 6x2. Popular on bulkers and tankers and bulk powder tankers. I'll be fitting side skirts to this, either modify the originals or make some.

Not one I drive, Paul or ever have but just something I fancied doing to be a bit different.

Joe, what finish does it leave, just the original black plastic?

Yes Tris,nice and smooth black plastic,mine will be painted grey,eventually,

Regards

Joe.

Ah I see, I think I'll leave these as maintenance free Dura-brite wheels but that tip may well be handy in the future :)

two tip trips this morning , followed by relaying the path in the back garden ,and repointing it , bit of prep work for the topsoil and turf on easter weekend ,, the joys of a un expected day off after the job i was ment to be doing on ot fell through last night

yesterday was worryingly busy for me...the lazy student.

passed 3 stages of on line tests which hopefully will get me to interview stage for a job.

after the tests, went to a tesco express car park in melton mowbray to re-gap the points on a friends mini. friend had to abandon it there and walk to work. seeing me dismantle the car (grill off, plugs out, dizzy cap and leads off) in their car park some well meaning employee phoned for the police. awkward conversation ensued, and i re-gapped the points. went on a road test, made it as far as the speed camera on double yellow lines on the main road in melton, broke down, caused huge traffic jam (was farmers market day, oops) thought "oh i must have left the bolt securing the points in a bit loose" re-gapped the points again, wound the bolt in, then set off to the tesco superstore down the road (I needed the loo and a spot of lunch) broke down outside, pushed the car into a spot. dismantled the distributor, found a loose wire on the condensor and that the points had mostly been on fire. walked to the auto-spares place bought new points and condenser walked back. fixed mini.

then continued epic 2 evening battle to change a clutch on a corsa, vauxhall really don't want you DIYing. should be able to finish it this evening.

got home and slammed my thumb in the car door.

Edited by goon

.......then continued epic 2 evening battle to change a clutch on a corsa, vauxhall really don't want you DIYing. should be able to finish it this evening.

got home and slammed my thumb in the car door.

OUCH, OUCH, OUCH OOOOOOOOOOOUCHHHHHH. :'( I did that once and it really hurrrrrrrrrrrrrt.... :of

...and then the nail fell off (eventually) >:(

OUCH, OUCH, OUCH OOOOOOOOOOOUCHHHHHH. :'( I did that once and it really hurrrrrrrrrrrrrt.... :of

...and then the nail fell off (eventually) >:(

it's looking better than it's neighbouring index finger, which i smacked with a lump hammer.