What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Well not been on here for a while so quite a bit has happened including a holiday to Dubai and holiday to Turkey and 4 day break to Devon to visit family. On getting back up the road had a pressure testing course and an interview for a promotion. Well now back at work for the next 2 weeks so already counting down to home time.

Still trying to get all of the windows and doors that need it varnished between storms... Using some quick drying Ronseal stuff, so hope it lasts!

Went to the West Somerset Railway Rally at the weekend and was pleased to see over 70 tractors, plus many other vintage vehicles of all types on display. Wandered around all day and took a mere 400+ photos! I think it was the best one I've been to in that location to date.

Off to Brittany in just under a week to stay with friends who have bought an old farm there. Two weeks of building restoration and renovation ahead! It should be interesting, as the farm was used by the resistance during the war and they keep digging up hidden stashes of WW2 equipment all around the place.
  • Like 1

Well not been on here for a while so quite a bit has happened including a holiday to Dubai and holiday to Turkey and 4 day break to Devon to visit family. On getting back up the road had a pressure testing course and an interview for a promotion. Well now back at work for the next 2 weeks so already counting down to home time.

Good to see you back on here Rob...I was afraid you had curled up and died ;D  ;D .....I hope the interview went well and you get the promotion. Personally I'm counting the time to my redundancy package (supposedly 31st March 2014) after almost 26 years with Halliburton through various take overs and continuous employment so I can have at least 9 months out before even thinking of getting another full time job....unless of course some contract or consultancy work tempts me :unsure:  

Been doing a bit of tidying up around the garden today, it's been a nice dry day so I picked the last of the peas and shelled them out, cut the lawns, first time they've been cut in the last 4 weeks since the hot weather started. Also pruned back the Black Hamburg, it's a black grape, to let in the light to the nicely developing bunches of grapes and prevent them getting mould.

got lost today, after about 2 years pretty much solid work in cornwall, I got lost and ended up in teignmouth then Dawlish, same again tomorrow, sat right by the sea, watched the queen mary 2 sail by not to far of the coast, along with several "fat alberts" or Hercules planes, flying cuircuits around pretty dam low out over the sea 

Wondered what the droning was Sean, could hear them from my abode as we're only about 8 miles as the crow flies from Teignmouth and even closer to Dawlish. If ever you get lost around these places just keep turning right or keep turning left, you'll always end up back where you started then!

Bit of rare excitement in the parish today, Water board contractors putting in a new main have dug up a ww2 German bomb. The bomb disposal squad  blew it up on site this afternoon.

The Luftwaffe must have been pretty good at bomb aiming, as it was only yards away from the old RAF St Eval bomb dump buildings , which are still standing.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/story/2013-08-06/bomb-discovered/#controlled-explosion-carried-out-on-newquay-bomb_242581

Edited by MDFord
  • Like 3

Well today is really busy last day at work so loads to do early start at 05:30 and still here working probably another hour to go finishing off my handover and work preparation. Home tomorrow cannot wait 2 weeks of peace and quiet 

• 2 weeks later...

tidied out the shed, been putting it off all summer, two wheelie bin loads of crap for the bin man, can see my work bench again ha ha!

Exactly what I was doing but in the garage, hanging tools on the wall

• Like 1

it desperately needed it Chris, could barely get in the door, looks alot better now, just need to purchase a new heater for when I'm painting the models now

• Like 1

need to tidy mine really, but I need to clear the garage first to re organise stuff, prob is that full of the step daughters stuff and its going to get fuller as shes sold her flat, part emptied her house to get ready to sell that, and her old mans left all the rubbish etc from doing her kitchen and bathroom in my garage to ,bloody builders cant take there own rubbish away

• Like 1