What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

little bit of the scenery from yesterday,weather very overcast today,these pictures were took in a 30 acre field which has  a river running down one side,3rd picture shows a deer ,but i just couldnt get close enough

Where is that paul?

Edited by CMB

Done a vintage run today for St Paddys!!  Was not driving a tractor tough. But there was a nice few there. Had my brothers AE86 Corolla GT Twin Cam.  The brother was doing the West Cork Rally, so he threw me the keys. ;D  

hard to explain Chris,but  very near merton,devon,the river is the river yeo,i leave the yard and go down a very steep track through woods and in to the field called golden pool

Yeah, you might have mentioned it a year or two back, that's not far from Torrington. I thought it was a stretch of the Harbourne river just South of Totnes though at first.

i probably have metioned it before Chris,ive rolled it for the last 6 years,its a job the full time guys dont like,but i enjoy it,i will do any job just to drive

Ha! same here.

post-1115-0-33911300-1395388296_thumb.jppost-1115-0-52313300-1395388345_thumb.jppost-1115-0-34076200-1395388422_thumb.jp

Not today but this week rolled the wheat on last years sugar beet land on Monday then moved on to planting this years sugar beet on Tuesday which my neighbour drills for me seedbed was a bit cloddy as no frost tilth this year so I rolled them on Wednesday.

spent Thursday over martyns cleaning up parts for his models and going back today to clean up some more as he has a large number off models to prepare for up coming shows

• Like 3

Today I got my first compressor (which was taking up valuable storage space at Drumoak) moved up to the second deck at the back of the garage at Kemnay.It will be useful for blowing up trailer and car tyres and dusting off after sanding etc.

P1100209_zpsa56df771.jpg

P1100210_zps22c763e9.jpg

more rolling done today,one of the fields is very similair to what i posted up last week,also very similair on how you get to it,steep track down to it,a river beside it,although this is right at the far end of the farm,about 4 miles away from base,slightly smaller,about 23 acres,anyway,hope anybody enjoys them,one of 5 fields i rolled today,boss did offer me the farms brand new new holland today,but it had a drill and front press on,and i couldnt be assed to take the gear off so i used my fendt 718

post-1769-0-95016800-1395516272_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-13009900-1395516298_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-63776800-1395516325_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-60489100-1395516350_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-43390100-1395516386_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali
  • Like 1

thanks jd,the full time guys dont think its interesting,but i will do anything if it means driving,we do have some weird shape fields and interesting access to some of them,i didnt post up all of the fields i was in today,would get a bit boring,so just a snippet

post-1115-0-00645500-1395697327_thumb.jppost-1115-0-42268500-1395697269_thumb.jp

My granddaughters wanted a tree house but not got a tree in garden to put one in so built this one on legs in my barn over weekend have now moved it into garden hope to finish it next weekend also hope JASMINE and GRACE like it. will post more pictures when finished

• Like 3

attachicon.gif20140310_090129.jpgattachicon.gif20140310_090206.jpgMy granddaughters wanted a tree house but not got a tree in garden to put one in so built this one on legs in my barn over weekend have now moved it into garden hope to finish it next weekend also hope JASMINE and GRACE like it. will post more pictures when finished

You sure its not for you to play in smithy or for hiding from Julie !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

You sure its not for you to play in smithy or for hiding from Julie !!!!!!!!!

you might be right there Richard could end up living in it .Its as good as the 5 star hotels we been staying in latterly 4 of the stars we could see through the roof

Well this is what I have been doing for the last 2 days, somewhere for me and Mrs R to sit with a glass of wine on a summers evening

Decking_zpsefddb2f9.jpg

Minus of course the neighbours washing in the background!!

• Like 1

Looking good Mike. I always like to try and do things myself  (except plumbing) since I try to go that bit extra and gets things looking right. In addition I find there is the sense of self achievement in doing something that is actually your job or profession 8)