What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Here Smithy, i took this pic out of my bathroom window this morning showing the rape here, just finished flowering and podding up now, south facing field on a bank so seems to be a little further on, 8 weeks till harvest, I'm counting down! post-2769-0-37861500-1431417568_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Here Smithy, i took this pic out of my bathroom window this morning showing the rape here, just finished flowering and podding up now, south facing field on a bank so seems to be a little further on, 8 weeks till harvest, I'm counting down! attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That is well ahead of mine and other rape I have seen around here ,we normally cut winter barley

around the 25th July and rape from about the 15th July on the lighter land around the coastal areas of

Suffolk they start early July ,I have just counted the weeks ahead and going of my dates harvest is 8-9 weeks away weather permitting

• Like 1

The place I'm working at the moment is located on a 500 acre free range organic beef operation. The farm itself has a Massey 4345 and 6480. The next door neighbour has a Massey 5470 (which we hired in the other day to move some equipment) and the contractors who are reseeding 70 acres of the farm have a 6480 (Amazone Catros and Cambridge Rolls), 7615 (Kverneland 4 furrow reversible) and 7616 (Guttler Roller based grass seeder).

Never seen so many Masseys in one area.

It's scary.

• Like 1

The grass had crept out over the path, in fact in some places it was 4" thick turf. I was working to the edge of the concrete which is not particularly straight, my Father laid it more than 40 years ago and it was done rather 'agriculturally' , nothing to edge it but yesterday I put a string line down and took out the most obvious curves, on my hands and knees with an old breadknife crawling backwards cutting to the edge of the concrete.  I don't like regimental straight lines unless it's the veg in the garden. One other path in the garden, the one at right angles to the left of this one is old concrete silage side panels laid down, they make a good path.

Having a day off today before driving for the rest of the week for a nearby bulk haulage firm on grain and/or stone. Will be either a Scania 480 Highline or newer 490 Topline depending which driver is off :)

• Like 3

Living the dream, of course. With baling set to start in earnest this weekend, a wet week brought with it the offer of work on the one on the right, on her left is her sister. I'm tipping wheat feed pellets at Radstock, from Wellingborough and t'other chap is tipping wheat. Lastly, I'm tipping marble for grinding into food powder in Gurney Slade from a boat on the docks at Avonmouth. I'm on this for the rest of the week.

post-212-0-60831000-1432151112_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-10400100-1432151139_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-93390800-1432151220_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Lovely trucks there Trissy. Although the Scania looks odd with the lower height air kit

I prefer it in all honesty. Side on, it makes the cab near enough the same height as the trailer. Pretty plain looking lorries but I have a fridge, freezer and microwave on board so well equipped. Wouldn't fancy being in one all week, every week though. Although a big Scania fan, there really is bugger all space in these Highlines. The second bunk is in the way too. Was in a Volvo FM last week on days, a single occupancy Globetrotter and a much nicer cab for storage, just a shame about the engine hump! You can't win! :D

Got called away to do a quick load if soya from Portbury to a feed mill in Westbury earlier, being loaded here in the huge store at Portbury.

post-212-0-22754300-1432240585_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-96499000-1432240581_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hello matey. Gradually getting around all the updates but as you can guess, there are a fair few! Nice to see what's been going on. On the Highline there are two standard options for an air kit, this one is the lower one suited to tankers and bunkers with a lower height. The other option, the roof section of the kit is height adjustable for taller trailers such as curtainsider. It's the common option as, mostly seen with the likes of Stobbart and Gregorys for instance.

Hello matey. Gradually getting around all the updates but as you can guess, there are a fair few! Nice to see what's been going on. On the Highline there are two standard options for an air kit, this one is the lower one suited to tankers and bunkers with a lower height. The other option, the roof section of the kit is height adjustable for taller trailers such as curtainsider. It's the common option as, mostly seen with the likes of Stobbart and Gregorys for instance.

thanks for explaining Tris

• Like 1

post-1115-0-95337700-1432327762_thumb.jp

I have been spraying the wheats for the T2 DISEASE CONTROL chemical used was SKYWAY 285 XPRO at a rate of

1 litre a ha tank-mixed with STRAND at 250ml/ha, as we have had 15mm of rain over the last two days I through had better get it on as the rain-splash will have put the disease spores from the soil up on to the leaves

• Like 4

Re floored the shed after a large pin bar i borrowed fell over and put a hole in it, managed to do it without the need to remove much , which was handy, then got ever so distracted while out and bought a new car for me , by the time i finished with the saleman the deal was to good to miss, only went in to pick up the bike rack for her car that we ordered last week to ,best start staying in at weekends

• Like 3

Been round a mates for a couple of hours drinking some larger from Poland (don't ask me what sort as I don't know) it was blooming strong and has knocked me sidewards :of

sounds like some of that fake booze mate as we drink Lager in this country ;D

Edited by Fenside MF