What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

been a fairly succesfull day today doing my own work at home after  a bad day thursday/friday with the builders, our new front door and window arrived monday, so they went ahead and removed the i ternal wall to open through as planned ,and laid the new floor to match leaving us with a sterling board shutter for a night ready to fit the door , guys arrived at 4pm thursday to do it and ripped the shuttering down only to find the window and door have been made 5 cm to high ?? builders blaming the company,and at the mo the company is blaming him, my last contact with him was as he left with his tail between his legs after i had a slight melt down with him, and had to walk away before it got worse,leaving sue to sort it, the company at present is remaking the new door and window to size,but are not accepting blame as they say he didnt fill the form in correctly stating the height was inc a sill,which is the difference ?? builders denying, either way i am not paying anymore to him for it, its between him and them, sadly i am now back to a sterling board shuttering,which is very patch work due to the way they ripped it down, and its likely to be another 7-10 days at least till the right door arrives  ,  oh the joys of building work .

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

been a fairly succesfull day today doing my own work at home after  a bad day thursday/friday with the builders, our new front door and window arrived monday, so they went ahead and removed the i ternal wall to open through as planned ,and laid the new floor to match leaving us with a sterling board shutter for a night ready to fit the door , guys arrived at 4pm thursday to do it and ripped the shuttering down only to find the window and door have been made 5 cm to high ?? builders blaming the company,and at the mo the company is blaming him, my last contact with him was as he left with his tail between his legs after i had a slight melt down with him, and had to walk away before it got worse,leaving sue to sort it, the company at present is remaking the new door and window to size,but are not accepting blame as they say he didnt fill the form in correctly stating the height was inc a sill,which is the difference ?? builders denying, either way i am not paying anymore to him for it, its between him and them, sadly i am now back to a sterling board shuttering,which is very patch work due to the way they ripped it down, and its likely to be another 7-10 days at least till the right door arrives  ,  oh the joys of building work .

get a decent firm then Sean;)

3 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

get a decent firm then Sean;)

The trouble is there's so many clowns out there doing building work, decorating and other home improvement related work that finding good ones isn't as easy as it used to be. 

• Like 1

it is word of mouth,have used them before as have many friends,two people i work with went to school with him,i go out drinking with him ,and i have done a lot of work in return for him to, this is his  new supervisor i am having issues with ,i aint stupid and just book any nit wit thats for sure, but hey what would i know other than i suspect he may not be working there long given the main guys reputation for work and quallity 

38 minutes ago, smithy said:

Last ones from what was a good day out, I had a email come from j/d say that they had 14,000 visitors' over the two days there was a lot more tractors there then I took pictures off  

20160924_111558.jpg

20160924_111655.jpg

20160924_111904.jpg

20160924_112344.jpg

20160924_113537.jpg

Is that a Ireland flag on the back of one  of the tractors . Some good photos you got. Was there many johndeere at it . 

some nice stuff there smithy,  i can remember a guy a few miles away having one of those pull combines many years back, can't have been many sold over here so i wonder if its the same one ? he used it on a leyland ?? from memory,another rare tractor that way even then 

• Like 1