What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

7 hours ago, justy 46 said:

In Killarney for a weekend away .. Tried to convince herself to go to Kilkenny ... Model show hint hint !!! But she was having none of it !! So just chilling out now after a Thai & having a few pints in the hotel bar . :)

Think it would have been better if she'd let you go to the show rather than going off with a Thai Justin!:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, justy 46 said:

In Killarney for a weekend away .. Tried to convince herself to go to Kilkenny ... Model show hint hint !!! But she was having none of it !! So just chilling out now after a Thai & having a few pints in the hotel bar . :)

Ha ha I going to the show if your going we could meet up 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 844john said:

Think it would have been better if she'd let you go to the show rather than going off with a Thai Justin!:D

Next year I will make a weekend if it ..Kilkenny is a great town for a night out . Had my stag there 10 years ago...No Thais that night tough ..feck I'm getting old !!:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, smithy said:

National tidy your farm weekend , I had my bonfire tonight several people from the village came to watch   

20171104_185654.jpg

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Yes, it's amazing how much black plastic disappears this weekend!:ph34r:

It was daylight until smithy lit his bonfire. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

no fireworks and bbq then smithy ? missed a momey making scheme there didnt you 

yes it could have been a money making scheme but me being MR GOODWILL to all neighbours did not charge we did have some fireworks but only small ones as the little ones don't like the loud bangs that was one of the reasons for us having the bonfire there was also some cakes being handed around but as I was going out for a meal a bit latter on I only had one cake (or two)  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Next year I will make a weekend if it ..Kilkenny is a great town for a night out . Had my stag there 10 years ago...No Thais that night tough ..feck I'm getting old !!:D

Funny how you say that I here it is good spot well I took loads of pictures of the show 

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, walterderwent said:

Out with contractor A T Hill first thing this morning.

P1590102_-_Copy.JPG

That's the same set up as my neighbour was using but as the chaser wagon was a converted harvester I did not like going quicker on the fields with a full load on especially if it was wet and as it is oil driven it used to put a lot of strain on the pumps which at £3000+ each time they exploded took a lot of sticking the faster speeds on the road are ok as not much drag and would not normally be loaded ,so that is why he cut the front of his and turned it into a trailed chaser then tractor does the pulling and PTO driven pump drives the unloading elevator   

20170812_123038.jpg

20170812_123045.jpg

20170812_123057.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, smithy said:

That's the same set up as my neighbour was using but as the chaser wagon was a converted harvester I did not like going quicker on the fields with a full load on especially if it was wet and as it is oil driven it used to put a lot of strain on the pumps which at £3000+ each time they exploded took a lot of sticking the faster speeds on the road are ok as not much drag and would not normally be loaded ,so that is why he cut the front of his and turned it into a trailed chaser then tractor does the pulling and PTO driven pump drives the unloading elevator   

20170812_123057.jpg

Smart bit of engineering to turn it into a trailed chaser. :)

• Like 3

un-expected afternoon off after i had to put my van in the garage this morning due to a horrible noise on the brakes ,it was booked in for 3 weeks time as i thought they were getting low, but after getting ripped apart by the garage forman about why i left them so long, i then got a call from him asking me to come down,followed by an big appology ,it  turns out the reason i had no idea until early this week when i first caught the noise , that they were low is none of the pad sensor wires were connected, prob not  been since it was made, both still strapped up to the fittings, good old itallian quallity control, ok to laugh now but also sort of dangerous hence a company alert gone out to check others , wish the speed limiter was disconected at times 

was clearing willow trees that was overhanging my side yesterday so we can clear out a bit more I should have taken picture of branches' before I cut them back but forgot also forgot to tell owner of trees O well I cant put them back anyway might just have to leave the country for a few days till he has calmed down   

20171120_153730.jpg

20171120_153712.jpg

20171120_153654.jpg

20171120_153644.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Very tidy job you have made if the ditch smithy. Not everyone would have so much pride in their work. 

Well my mate is the one on the digger that's doing the good job he has not driven one for 17 years as he has been a mechanic repairing them for a plant hire company but long story short he wonted to go self-employed but just needed a shove to do it as his boss had been giving him a hard time last year or so, so I said to him  that there is a minimum of 3 weeks work to do here if it helps plus you can use my barn as and when repair jobs come in to get you started to which he said I will hand my notice in on Friday be with you Monday morning  and I do agree he has done a good job so far  

• Like 5