What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Bit of topping today in the Leyland, acre field, went through 3 shearbolts! Bloody things, problem found to be slipping pto clutch when engaging causing it to shear, tried it on some heavy bracken in some places 10+ ft high, coped incredibly well with it, now cleared an area to put up a tractor shed to keep it and the machinery out of the rain.

41149357_2227703134010708_3229472762691059712_n.thumb.jpg.74d20237aad2d3a8dec99b44295805ae.jpg40974818_551537135283623_9094279583523405824_n.thumb.jpg.bdcd02f605386a24ac48bed54caa5767.jpg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Currently sat not 100m from the volvo museum in gothenburg , but cant go in as its closed for stock moving, cars tractors trucks and construction stuff all within my view :(

that's a bit far from Plymouth did you forget to turn off the a38 after work :D

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, smithy said:

Was ploughing a few days ago , JEP might recognise the field as it was the last one we combined and Mr Prescott was there with his camera .  

20180911_172737.jpg

20180911_172802.jpg

Looks different weather to the last time we were on the field Mr Smith ;). As we were saying the other day, harvest seems ages ago now, can't believe it's only 6 weeks since we were on the field. Nice job with the plough there Smithy. What's going in the field for next Season? 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:23 PM, JEP said:

Looks different weather to the last time we were on the field Mr Smith ;). As we were saying the other day, harvest seems ages ago now, can't believe it's only 6 weeks since we were on the field. Nice job with the plough there Smithy. What's going in the field for next Season? 

Thanks John , yes weather not so good on that day it was light rain for most of the day it got to 7pm and rain was still coming down so I went home , last time you was there it was sunshine 7-15pm and we rushed to the pub for some grub haha . Been a long six weeks but I suppose as we keep busy on other things time just goes bye . Its going into wheat again ,was going to be Leeds but as its not really done to good this year we have swopped it for a different variety but at this moment I cant remember its name (must be my age:angry:) will look at paper work up farm tomorrow and let you now .

The name of the winter wheat is GRAVITY

Edited by smithy
name of winter wheat
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2018 at 10:15 PM, smithy said:

rolling the rape land the variety is CAMPUS it say on bag it weighs 21.6KG and there is 4 million seeds per bag I used 3 bags , it desperately needs a bit more rain at moment otherwise I might have to replant with something else . 

Storm Helene heading our way tomorrow. Should be no shortage of moisture.

• Thanks 1