What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Got to work this morning at 2am, checked over and started up my tanker only to discover that the airlines were frozen and couldn't build up the air or get the brakes off.

Spent an hour and a quarter defrosting the brakes, ended up putting a long flexi pipe from one of our Fodens exhaust, to thaw it out. >:(

Drove up to Essex in freezing fog, had eyes like a bloody snail when I got there, visibility was about 20 metres in places. Came back with a load of heating oil, loaded our other tankers and went out delivering to houses after viewing the damage our new driver did to the side of a tanker, after scraping it along a very substantial brick gate pillar. Not pretty!! :'(

Mended the throttle cable after it snapped >:( on the truck I was using for deliveries. :( Went Christmas shopping at Argos.

NOT A LOT REALLY!!

Well... today I are bijn mostly... Shopping in Cambridge for Mrs F's crimble pressies... Got her a book on Mrs Fixit DIY... she'll love it... she wants a new kitchen  :D :D :D

Marky you really are too much  :D :D :D :D :D

Not much excitement for me really today, it's very booooooooooring here at work this week. Then I am off out shopping after work.

nice marky that will keep her busy during those long summer ploughing comps wont it mate, see you are all heart and thought with your presents mate :D :D :D

Took me about 6 mins to find that book in Waterstones as well  :o

Not much excitement for me really today, it's very booooooooooring here at work this week. Then I am off out shopping after work.

:D :D :D - Good luck with your shopping TBF... I can come and help if you like  ;D

If you want Mrs TBF to NEVER EVER speak to you again  ;D

dont envy ya this close to the day mate, mines all done now, so peace and goodwill to my wallet at last is all i can say

dont envy ya this close to the day mate, mines all done now, so peace and goodwill to my wallet at last is all i can say

Mine's all done, I am helping a slack friend of mine, it's become a yearly tradition, shop grab a bite to eat and just take the piss out of all the holiday shoppers at the mall  :D :D :D :D

is that in daylight nath??? what time did you take that pic as it looks near as dark doesn't it

Near enough day light, was snapped at 4pm this afternoon. Been foggy like that for the last 3 days. Visibility is a mere 50ft if that :-\ :-\ :(

yeah - 'orrible is't it ! (I think I drove across the Ouse Bridge on the M62 near Goole the other night....well I must have done 'cos I got from Sheffield to Beverley without noticing it !)

Last day at work today for 11 days....phew...but still up early tommorrow to get to Morrisons though !

Trouble with fog like that, is when you've been going round the field and can't quite remember where the gate was, so you have to drive round the outside until it appears. ::)

Then you find a wet patch, sink the spreader to the axles and then have to be pulled out by a JQ and a NH, thats just trying to find wherabouts you spread the last load :-[:-[ :D

Had an absolute barsteward of a day, it all started so well too, 48tons of muck delivered by 9am, then it went downhill fast. Not only has it been thick freezing fog for the last 3 days, to top it off today my tractor decides to lose power followed by errattic running. I get our engineer out from the yard, we change the filters and clean up the fuel lines, it decides it will run for a minute then start belching out white smoke and clattering like a bag of spanners. We decide to clean all the fuel lines out and then it runs perfectly....................................for 1/4 of a mile while taking a load out >:( Result is it has been low loader'd back to the yard with suspected water in the injector system needing new injectors and the pump reconditioned :(>:(

You'd think it can't get any worse right?

WRONG! On the way home tonight my lovely Land Rover decides it doesn't like having working lights or indicators on a narrow backroad - it's now been recovered back to my usual garage so we can see whats wrong tomorrow, we suspect its the switches though.

Merry f*@king christmas!! ::):-\