What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

49 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Hope it keeps dry for you Smithy, it's just started raining up here in the Valley.....

You can send it up to us if you don't want it Paul, never thought I'd say it after this winter, but we've almost forgotten what rain looks like it's been that dry, grass crops are very light up here but no doubt it will rain when we are ready to drop some!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 844john said:

You can send it up to us if you don't want it Paul, never thought I'd say it after this winter, but we've almost forgotten what rain looks like it's been that dry, grass crops are very light up here but no doubt it will rain when we are ready to drop some!

Would send it up to you if i could John ;), forecast on radio reckons we might see a thunder shower later.... but your right, it'll probably start spitting by the time you've had the headlands dropped on the first meadow....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mb86 said:

Fun and games from the last couple of weeks. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's almost the start of a Bluepower working day Martin  just a pity you didn't have your 4000 out in the foreground ;)..... Good to see your 15 back in action and your 78 looks great on it's new boots :)

• Like 3

Sat awaiting the national tyres guy to replace my front drivers side tyre, yeah you can drive in there boy says the farmer, only grass . Anything to watch for like ruts etc was my reply? No came back his reply , except the end old rusted gate as i turn in under the nettles which tears out the side wall , ooo i forgot about that one boy came his swift comment  must remove that sometime :D

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Sat awaiting the national tyres guy to replace my front drivers side tyre, yeah you can drive in there boy says the farmer, only grass . Anything to watch for like ruts etc was my reply? No came back his reply , except the end old rusted gate as i turn in under the nettles which tears out the side wall , ooo i forgot about that one boy came his swift comment  must remove that sometime :D

Golden rule on a farm, never drive through a patch of nettles. They can hide all sorts. . 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

That's almost the start of a Bluepower working day Martin  just a pity you didn't have your 4000 out in the foreground ;)..... Good to see your 15 back in action and your 78 looks great on it's new boots :)

Haha, cheers Paul mate, aye I was pleased to be back behind the wheel of the TW. Impressed by the 78's new boots so far, less bouncy on the road but it was a shame to take her original ones off it but racing slicks don't get you very far in a wet year. :unsure:

• Like 2

know that one, these were at the sides, not in the track/ gate as such , turned in just clipping them , pop,  he was doing something there as i left 2 hours later so maybe hes finally removed it, ,thing was still attached to the post, ,just 5 rods left  sticking out about 1 ft in the nettles, i prob wouldnt have even touched it had i reversed and squared up first, but the guy behind was to close and else where looking at the other end of the cable and i couldnt wait  .:D:D 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

know that one, these were at the sides, not in the track/ gate as such , turned in just clipping them , pop,  he was doing something there as i left 2 hours later so maybe hes finally removed it, ,thing was still attached to the post, ,just 5 rods left  sticking out about 1 ft in the nettles, i prob wouldnt have even touched it had i reversed and squared up first, but the guy behind was to close and else where looking at the other end of the cable and i couldnt wait  .:D:D 

Moving it to another patch of nettles..... that gate might be useful one day.:D. Do you not have a spare on board? I see BT must have changed their vans round here recently, they all seem to be new transits. 

• Like 1

no, they removed them due to weight limits ,gave us a tin of that weird spray stuff , and even if i did we are not allowed to change them, some weird rule to do with torquing the nuts ?? well thats what they tell us ,,i sadly have a fiat ducato , missed the new transits by 18 months , mind you the spray wouldnt work with the 1” hole i produced :D

• Like 3

Been up dorset today to a place called pilsdon dairy farm, what a unit . He basicly has a 1200 acre farm with a 500 head heard all pretty much run by computers , feeding milking and scraping , which he runs from his second 1000 acre farm 15 miles away on the fibre optical cable. Only 2 people on the farm just to keep an ete on stuff , apart from some muppet took his fibre out a week ago , yesterday after a week of 8 people onsite he blocked one of our guys in until they ggot a big manager to ring him and sort it . Hence my trip up. Was actually very friendly and had a good chat , runs all nh tractors and jcb handlers contracts out his maze/silage , never seen a place like it, was imaculate in the dairy and cattle units , but despite being friendly wasnt keen on me getting a few pics until he was back on and working properly 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, smithy said:

Been turning hay since last Friday ,not a lot of sun so its a slow make at the moment , I do plan on cutting some more Thursday night .last two evenings I have been catching up with my T3 Fungicides on the wheat's

20180619_172907.jpg

20180619_172922.jpg

20180619_204400.jpg

20180619_204425.jpg

20180619_204459.jpg

Smithy i was looking st you power harrowing you field behind the farm on google earth the other day mate, did you know your on there in all your glory 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Done abit of Cyril style work this evening . Moved this mobile lift that we had on hire for painting down to my uncles place . We got our work done with it ,so the my uncle had a few jobs for it before we handed it back. Borrowed Cronin Bros T7.210 & Dooley low loader to shift it. 

IMG_0160.JPG

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Smithy i was looking st you power harrowing you field behind the farm on google earth the other day mate, did you know your on there in all your glory 

No I did not now I was on there power harrowing ,I am on there in Dieppe France walking around the town Thanks will have a look :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I hope by "all your glory" you don't mean his birthday suit!!:o:o

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, smithy said:

No I did not now I was on there power harrowing ,I am on there in Dieppe France walking around the town Thanks will have a look :D

There must be two of you smithy! Hope this one had clothes on. :lol:

Edited by mb86
  • Haha 2

manic weekend over, saturday spent mainly getting a slap up meal along with a few drinks at the mother in laws 90th birthday party, followed by wandering down to the waterfront for a few more drinks, and a un planned tapas as we all suddenly got hungry again

today spent visiting my old dear and then sorting the garden, weeded and grass cut , moved the outside tap and fitted a 3rd 100l water butt in , putting a bike together for the grand daughters birthday next week, fitted two new vertical blinds , washed and hoovered out the car fixed the step daughters glasses, after sourcing a new hinge online for them. moved the loft light switch over to the hatch,been meaning to do that for ages, now back to work for a rest :D:D,next weekends hopefully a quiet one with any luck 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1