What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

While cutting someone else's grass the other week I spotted this in one of there stables I said that funny I bought one of them a couple of weeks ago they said you don't wont to buy another one do you well tonight I went back and had a deal this one comes with a set of grass harrows , a fleming transport box and a Siromer Flail mower .  

20180716_211958.jpg

20180716_212011.jpg

20180716_212019.jpg

20180716_212100.jpg

20180716_212149.jpg

• Like 4

They are the same model exactly the same year made and only 20 apart on the serial numbers , the one I got tonight has a lot smaller key than other one . Sean asked me what make the last one was and I said it was a Siromer but if I had said it was made by universal hobbies I would have been close , they are made by Jinma

20180716_212512.jpg

20180716_212524.jpg

20180716_212541.jpg

• Like 5

After driving my little Jinma home the wife rung me to say I had to spend a bit more £££ as she closed the tractor door that she was driving it shattered on her , she is ok but shocked as it sounded like a gun had gone off in cab :wub: you would be surprised where she is still finding little bits of glass .

MR GOODWIN NEW DOOR PLEASE:D 

20180716_210533.jpg

20180716_210507.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

warranty Smithy?:D Mind you, thinking of my better half, for such a slight person she can be rather rough, she's almost been know to shatter wooden doors:o, but then, women don't slam doors do they;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:25 AM, 844john said:

warranty Smithy?:D Mind you, thinking of my better half, for such a slight person she can be rather rough, she's almost been know to shatter wooden doors:o, but then, women don't slam doors do they;)

Yes I did ask about warranty but they said you do still have the door its not there fault its mostly all laying inside the cab instead of hanging on the outside :D never heard of that one women slamming doors :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Should have posted this up yesterday but had a 5am start loading barley 3rd load left by 2ish then straight on combine cutting rape till 10.30pm ,spoke to Mr Goodwin at about 9ish on Tuesday morning and he personally delivered new door by 11am same day now that's what I call good (or goody) service , Thanks Mr Goodwin and Ernest Does for keeping these things in stock . Must admit I not fitted it as yet as been on combine all day cutting rape plan on fitting some time in morning    

20180718_213553.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JEP said:

Good service indeed Smithy! :)

How's harvest going, have you finished the winter barley? How's that lovely TX behaving? 

Yes finished winter barley which was all on the lighter land we rent at Baylham near Ipswich , it has done 3 ton to the acre as it has all been over a weighbridge now to confirm what the combine weigh meter was telling me , TX so far is going well just had a couple of bad electrical connecting's on two sensors which when sprayed with a solvent and a wire brush passed over them cured the problem    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, smithy said:

Yes I did ask about warranty but they said you do still have the door its not there fault its mostly all laying inside the cab instead of hanging on the outside :D never heard of that one women slamming doors :)

You'll be finding little bits of glass in your cab for years now Smithy, no matter how hard you try you never seem to get them all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 844john said:

You'll be finding little bits of glass in your cab for years now Smithy, no matter how hard you try you never seem to get them all!

Yes I have had other windows go in the past and after going over rough ground a few bits fall out from somewhere , 2 years ago I was cutting a field of grass that I had cut in the past with no problem's but the new owner had doing the winter decided to see how far he could hit his old golf balls , mower did hit several as I saw them fly past cab but one came straight though side window , I put a claim in to him as I said I was not going to claim on my insurance as it was his stupid fault he claims he did not play golf he did pay up after a couple of months . I have since refused to cut this bit of grass ,Bloody city dwellers move out into county side and mess fields up .

Thanks John 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, smithy said:

Yes finished winter barley which was all on the lighter land we rent at Baylham near Ipswich , it has done 3 ton to the acre as it has all been over a weighbridge now to confirm what the combine weigh meter was telling me , TX so far is going well just had a couple of bad electrical connecting's on two sensors which when sprayed with a solvent and a wire brush passed over them cured the problem    

Sounds very good, especially given how dry it's been. 

How far off before you are into the wheat? 

• Like 1

Just shows how far plant breeding and selection has come on since I was last combining (1981). Barley yields were about 1.5 tonnes to the acre and a good yield of wheat was 3 tonnes, if you were lucky.

I remember the first wheat that could make the magic 3 tonne mark, Maris Huntsman which was a feed crop and not good enough for bread making.

• Like 3

I remember maris huntsman as a feed seed type . we used to plant a lot of it when we did all our own pig meal blending in the granary, was a big step up as they from previous crops as we had to put up 4 internal silos to cover the extra tonnage, 2 in the dutch barn and two on the other side of the blending kit in the granary building , that in turn lead to a new implement/pig unit going up as they lost the storage room for the combine etc, cost us a fortune :D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JEP said:

not sure on wheat going to test some later today /tomorrow  as busy sorting out all the other little jobs around the farm , got to put my plumbers head on bit later on as must get kitchen sink fitted in my late mothers home as we need to get that bit done so floor fitter can get finished floor in as knowing my luck I would drop my monkey wrench or nock over my blowtorch   

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, JEP said:

Finished cutting a poor bit of rape today  then tested my wheat it is 20% so maybe a week away  ,one of my neighbours has done a round on one wheat field and his neighbour has done a hole field would not think he would cut it if it was not ready especially this year 

1 hour ago, smithy said:

Finished cutting a poor bit of rape today  then tested my wheat it is 20% so maybe a week away  ,one of my neighbours has done a round on one wheat field and his neighbour has done a hole field would not think he would cut it if it was not ready especially this year 

We have been on wheat for 2 days Smithy, skyfall and Siskin. Doing about 3.4 ton acre, spot weights of around 77 to 78. Very pinched sample, it’s died rather that rippened  mate. Moisture was down to 11% last night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

We have been on wheat for 2 days Smithy, skyfall and Siskin. Doing about 3.4 ton acre, spot weights of around 77 to 78. Very pinched sample, it’s died rather that rippened  mate. Moisture was down to 11% last night.

Mine is Siskin and as it is 20% hopefully it has not died and is still ripening as it should

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pictures not very good as it was well late when I loaded up this lot ,its my mates at the forge running out of space so got them on my trailers at moment hopefully next week I will have time to deliver them to the site about 6 miles away from mine then there is a second batch to pick up  

20180719_213431.jpg

20180719_213200.jpg

20180719_213110.jpg

• Like 4