What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

17 hours ago, smithy said:

Last year was ok Sean ,it was the year before that when we ripped it all up and ploughed in some beans ,it is the same field ,we was a bit late getting it in this time as contractors was late on bailing straw and it just did not rain when we needed it  

That long ago , blimey time dont half fly , prehaps its time to abandon that field when it comes to a rape crop :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

bit more timber works on the new barn, just prep work on uprights cutting out  joints / slots etc ready to fit, and then off to work in a hour ,doing 17.00 - 0600 ,  no idea how i got talked i to doing it either 

On a Sunday night, better be BIG money

Got asked if I would be interested in a couple of Ford 4000 that someone I know mate is selling so said I would look so a couple of days ago myself and a mate went and had a look and that is all we did was look as they was a lot rougher then we was told  

20190111_113150.jpg

20190111_113130.jpg

20190111_113112.jpg

20190111_113053.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I found one of these book for sale  over Christmas but shop was shut till new year I mentioned to a mate of mine that I had bought the model and was after the book ,he said I have that book you can borrow ,might think about selling it to you bit later on ,anyway I have looked at pictures  and these one was taken on a farm about 4 miles away from me where my father used to do a lot of contract work and I used to have days of school to go ploughing the pictures of machine on edge of bank is a field that I rent and farm today

20190113_192937.jpg

20190113_192914.jpg

20190113_192859.jpg

20190113_192740.jpg

20190113_192709.jpg

• Like 6

23 hours ago, smithy said:

These was also laying around there was a heap of rusty spanners laying next to the J/D  so I expect he started to fix it last year then just left it

20190111_113315.jpg

20190111_113303.jpg

20190111_113242.jpg

20190111_113210.jpg

is that a Fergusson also rusting away? really in need of some love. wish I could find one I could afford as a project

7 hours ago, b_emmons said:

is that a Fergusson also rusting away? really in need of some love. wish I could find one I could afford as a project

Yes it is rusting away ,he said he still uses it to pick up one round bale on that rusty frame that is on the back of it  has two tines in middle to stab bale

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 844john said:

Making the most of this dry weather with a bit of old school mucking out, no fancy powershifts, cab suspension and air con, just plenty of black smoke and grunt;)

WP_20190117_10_27_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20190114_11_16_22_Pro.jpg

Think you can get one more bucket load on back of trailer :D, yes its still really dry out on the land about here , I am envious of your 7810   

• Like 2

The 78's not mine Smithy, it belongs to a friend who I do work for sometimes, but she's a tidy old girl and even though I'm a red and green man I'm still full of respect for her! That's just a baby load to be fair as we're just leading a short distance, when we take it a few mile down the road there's more stacked above the sides of the trailer than there is below!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1