What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

On 10/18/2019 at 1:19 AM, smithy said:

On Saturday morning before getting ready to travel down to toytrak I went and bought myself and the wife a little present , we have a road run planed for next year with it just need to get a trailer/  beaters wagon with seats in it know so all 9 grandchildren can have a ride out ;) 

IMG_20191012_093402.jpg

IMG_20191012_093426.jpg

IMG_20191012_093414.jpg

IMG_20191012_093443.jpg

IMG_20191012_093500.jpg

What a lovely purchase Smithy, very nice indeed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:10 PM, mb86 said:

Definitely shouldn't be orange smithy if you want it origional, no majors left the factory with orange grilles. I think they look good with them painted orange though.

Thanks Mb86 , do you know why orange ones are available from part suppliers

47 minutes ago, 844john said:

Yes, it was from Flea's sale (as he's still known from young farmer days!), were you there Martin?

No I didn't make it, I wanted to go but other things got in the way on the day. What was the trade like?

6 hours ago, mb86 said:

No I didn't make it, I wanted to go but other things got in the way on the day. What was the trade like?

I didn't get either, I got someone else to buy it for me, but I think they had a canny enough sale

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smithy said:

Thanks John , plan on getting it home in next couple of weeks if I can get my drilling finished ,rain is annoying me know .

Be good to see it for real at Smithy towers, hopefully sooner rather than later! :)

Know what you mean about the rain...... But believe it or not we've had 2 dry days this week :D

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JEP said:

Be good to see it for real at Smithy towers, hopefully sooner rather than later! :)

Know what you mean about the rain...... But believe it or not we've had 2 dry days this week :D

I have to find out more about it of the man . 

19 hours ago, JEP said:

Can only pick it up over a weekend as chap I bought it of not around on week days , I was hoping to get my drilling out of the way as if I arrange to pick it up say next Saturday sods law it will be the only dry day for me to get some wheat in ,because of the constant rain since I last spoke to you ,no wheat at all drilled as yet managed to maul a bit of barley in over last couple of days out of desperation got 14 acre of barley still to go but had to leave of last night about 7pm as heavy rain set in and at 13-40 today it is still raining

• Sad 1

The maize gang have arrived around the out skirts of the village this week and by Sunday should be right in the middle of it as theres 75 acres in a few fields up a narrow lane:D

Looks like they are using mostly Richard Western trailers behind big New Hollands plus CASE and JD,  hopefully I will get some more pics to put on my bluegreen picture thread.

• Like 2

had to wait till 2 ish this afternoon due to the rain , but managed to get more done on the shed, guttering is on now, along with the roof beams in, and nearly finished the front cladding now, just got to move a few bits of sleeper so i can finish that, meant to be dry tomorrow so all being well i will  fit the roof osb  sheets ,and maybe with luck, get it properly sealed, if not i have a new 5x4 m tarp via work, so it will be watertight, even if its not its final finish 

• Like 1