What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

On 2/14/2022 at 5:17 PM, Valley Axe Man said:

Also there is a reverse drive ford 5000, fitted with a loader and clam shell grab, front weight block has NEAL cast in it... Looked to be a numb thing to climb up into, seat being mounted up above the dash... 

IMG_20220214_112902.jpg

IMG_20220214_112850.jpg

IMG_20220214_111253.jpg

Neal Pelican loader, there was one at Blackman's coal yard Battle (Sussex) station yard for many years and was preceded by a Major based one. When our new 4000 arrived after waiting about 10 months for it in August '73 it was on 12 x36 ,6 stud rears not the 8 stud 14 x 30's we'd ordered so we had to find some Major wheels for it and I remember seeing one in their yard, spare from when they'd had the Major and we bought it off them and found another somewhere.... trouble was it had the rivetted centre with braced ribs like JCBs so was on track width about 72" until I made some curved blocks and reset it many years later when we had to get into a new cubicle house when the cows were first housed welding them up at 60" track width.

Neal Pelican Loader | Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki | Fandom

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NIGEL FORD said:

Neal Pelican loader, there was one at Blackman's coal yard Battle (Sussex) station yard for many years and was preceded by a Major based one. When our new 4000 arrived after waiting about 10 months for it in August '73 it was on 12 x36 ,6 stud rears not the 8 stud 14 x 30's we'd ordered so we had to find some Major wheels for it and I remember seeing one in their yard, spare from when they'd had the Major and we bought it off them and found another somewhere.... trouble was it had the rivetted centre with braced ribs like JCBs so was on track width about 72" until I made some curved blocks and reset it many years later when we had to get into a new cubicle house when the cows were first housed welding them up at 60" track width.

Neal Pelican Loader | Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki | Fandom

Thanks Nigel 👍 that's interesting to know they built some on majors before the pre force base

Would say you definitely have the rough end of it Sean but sign of the times with my other half getting a call this morning from a local restaurant (she was due to go for a meal this evening with friends) cancelling due to the storm. Perhaps slightly over the top!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

sadly i think we now live in a time where social media and the press have control over how we all do stuff now, long gone are the days of personal risk assessment ,all linked with the “wheres theres blame theres a claim “ culture ,  its windy yes, work stopping?? na plenty of stuff that could have been scheduled as in doors for today for people, and already the requests are in for us to work the weekend to catch up with whats cancelled today ?? without any damage that comes in. 

• Like 1

After asking a couple of bloke's for quote's but never hearing anything back, i managed to get someone else to make my shed on the valley axe mans recommendations [thanks Paul] so had a day spare this week [whilst waiting for some bricks on a job] so made a start putting it up

20220222_172355.jpg

20220222_172414.jpg

20220223_173925.jpg

20220223_173949.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jmd said:

After asking a couple of bloke's for quote's but never hearing anything back, i managed to get someone else to make my shed on the valley axe mans recommendations [thanks Paul] so had a day spare this week [whilst waiting for some bricks on a job] so made a start putting it up

20220222_172355.jpg

20220222_172414.jpg

20220223_173925.jpg

20220223_173949.jpg

No bother John glad Andy could sort you out... At least you saved a few quid with him just supply rather than supply and build 👍 though I didn't know Slash was a builder for a penchant for Ford tractors 😂😂 thought he was more into Jack Daniels and twanging a guitar string 😂

13 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

No bother John glad Andy could sort you out... At least you saved a few quid with him just supply rather than supply and build 👍 though I didn't know Slash was a builder for a penchant for Ford tractors 😂😂 thought he was more into Jack Daniels and twanging a guitar string 😂

He must be mellowing in his old age Paul😀

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jmd said:

20220222_172355.jpg

20220222_172414.jpg

20220223_173925.jpg

20220223_173949.jpg

Looks like you are making good progress 👍

• Like 2

I have also been cutting up a small tree that came down in last weeks gales , i got a bit of firewood out of it ,once the ground is a bit dryer i will clear it all away with the grab on the JCB ,once i got the weight of it the root lump rolled back into the hole it had come out off 

20220226_093041.jpg

20220226_093111.jpg

20220226_105941.jpg

20220226_111050.jpg

20220226_111123.jpg

20220226_110039.jpg

• Like 2

Also nearly filled the asbestos container up , the bucket load came from a private dwelling just down the road from me ,after they cleared all the brambles and fallen trees from the water-course bank on there side they found the previse owner had pushed the sheets into the bank to stop the water eroding that side ,so i said i would help them out and put it in with mine  

20220226_135740.jpg

20220226_135759.jpg

20220226_135814.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

I see you have bought one of those fancy front mounted toolboxes Smithy😄

20220226_093111.jpg

Not exactly right Phil ,it is really a rear mounted box that i have adapted to go on the front linkage so i can carry chainsaws and other tools i need and pull a trailer at the same time that way i can chuck the wood in the trailer and not have to worry about covering up the saws if they was in the trailor ,i bought it second hand about 3 years ago the person i bought it of had never used it ,i could put a bit of weight in it but it is not that strong   

• Like 3