Most Combines you've ever seen working in one field?

CX820Joe

I think the fellas from over the pond will probably hold the records here, but whats the most combines you've seen working in one field?  The most I have ever seen is a rather poor three - they were all New Hollands - I think there were 2 8060's and an 8050, and that was ages ago!  I suppose now headers have got so big the days of farmers/contractors needing a fleet of combines are gone now...or are they? ;)

Joe

In my lifetime, 6 combines, 4 JD1075s and 2 NH8080s when I stayed on a very large estate farm near Turriff.

More recently 3 Lexion 470s trying to save the spring barley in 2004. 2 combines in a field is still a common site round these parts.

I think it was in the Farmers Weekly a year or 2 ago, something like 40-50 in one field, an aerial photo was shown , I wonder if I'll ever find it again? ( I do keep them all when I've (read?!) browsed them! It was a world record attempt supported by the big 4 manufacturers from memory.

When my boss and there partners joined together this year Claas lexion 570+tt and Claas lexion 580 TT and a MF 7278 in the same field :o

The thought of how much those 3 could eat through in an hour, never mind a day, scares me. :o

Same in 2004, Phil - my TX34 and my mates TX36 fighting over a field of the wettest OSR since Noah  :D

They did it though. Those 3 470s managed to clear the lot, finishing the last field on 30th September. A summer like 2004 only has a return rate of 20 years. Last one as bad as that was 1985, when the combines all got bogged down in the usually excellent draining fields beside our house (2002 was close but that was pre-harvest).

I think it was in the Farmers Weekly a year or 2 ago, something like 40-50 in one field, an aerial photo was shown , I wonder if I'll ever find it again? ( I do keep them all when I've (read?!) browsed them! It was a world record attempt supported by the big 4 manufacturers from memory.

Didn't MF try it when they launched the Cerea in the Ukraine?

While out today saw 5 combines in field one belonging to local large estate,unfortunately

they weren't working as is was wet.Did stop and get some pic's ,and will try and get them on when i work out how to reduce file size on them.There were three New Holland

TC76, one Class lexion 560, John Deere ????cts.Will try and get some working pic's this week.

tractorman314.