Do you collect more modern or vintage?

Bill Walters

for me bill it's more vintage up till early / mid 90's,mainly due to this being my farm years so to speak,and also because the brand seemed to loose its way a bit in quallity ect then ,which i'm glad to say is slowly getting better hence me buying some new stuff again

most of mine is upto around 1996 era, have a few of the newer models, (Mf combine, MF 6290's, SPFH's, irrigator, trailers) but like TM810 said "the brand seemed to loose its way a bit in quallity", but i'm not keen on NH's as i'm a MF fan. Have collected older items off of ebay. i do have both SPFH though you will be pleased to know and allot of potato boxes/dumpy bays!!  ;D ;D

Guest quangova

My collection is mostley 1960, 70's & early eighties, allthough in the last year i have started buying new models from Britains and Universal Hobbies

anything from vintage to 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, as long as it is something i have interacted with or can relate to in my area  but nothing like the big buds or prairie monsters although the new IHC snoopy looks fantastic I'm very tempted to break a habit of a life time ,the detail is just awesome

For my 16th scale collection, It is mostly vintage, but i am starting to get more moderm tractors. For my 32nd scale collection, it is all modern, and for my 64th collection 98% is modern i believe.

Mainly 1980s to now, but apart from the recent Siku historical releases and of course the JD 4020 and David Brown from RC2, there hasn't been a lot of vintage to collect over the last few years in 1:32 unless you bought a kit such as SCALEdown or paid a load of money, if I could afford it, my collection would be a lot more vintage than it is now. I read in the diecast collectors supplement (thanks Dave T) that the vintage outsells the modern in 1:16, I would like to see an increase in the 1:32 vintage market

• 1 month later...

The majority of my tractors & implements date from 70s uptill the late 80s ,early90s although there are a few modern tractors starting to creep in .95% are britains built with a token offering from ertl.

But the main collection are tractors i was familliar with as i was either growing up or have actually used. It would be good to release some retro models of some that wern`t available .I personally would like a few David Brown 90-Case 94 series models to become available .

thank you for your time. MJB1