At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Mart... When I joined this place in 2005 I never thought I'd see the day when our very own NH2 told the world he drove a nearly new New Holland BUT preferred his old Massey Ferguson  ;D

That's made my day that has  ;D

Seriously... some great pictures as well mate... I'd love to have seen the stuck pictures too mind you  ;):)

Cheers lads........ :)

Och aye always keeping busy Bill........ :)

Think I've got too attached to my ol' 3095 now Marky........ ;) unfortunately didn't get any pictures of the combine stuck  :'(

You finished up the harvest yet Colm?

Finally finished last Sunday at 5pm - just as well as it has been very dull here since.

Just a few pictures from the past week........

Loaded up the bales from the field at the bottom of the road with the Merlo for a change........

Merlo-3.jpg

Wrapped 210 bales of wheat straw to be ammonia treated for feeding to the beasts over the winter........

3095andwrapper.jpg

First load home........

3095andMassey.jpg

Left the wrapped bales for today and went back to the straw........

3095andortequip.jpg

great pics again mart, especially the 675 i must say, well all the harvest gone it'll soon be all go on the groundwork .ready again for next year!

& as for the ............well not as surprising as it may seem  favourtism to the massey as to the slightly surprising indifference to the nh. 

I have a letter here from lord ferguson with the permission & clearance for you to have the MF tripple triangle freeze branded on yer ar$e & you new forum name to be Marty Ferguson from hence forth with  ;) ;)

I haven't had chance to look at FTF for a few weeks, but yours is always one of the first sites I find - keep up the good work Mart !!

good update again ;)

Cheers Pete and John........ :)

great pictures again mart, especially the 675 i must say, well all the harvest gone it'll soon be all go on the groundwork .ready again for next year!

& as for the ............well not as surprising as it may seem  favourtism to the massey as to the slightly surprising indifference to the nh. 

I have a letter here from lord ferguson with the permission & clearance for you to have the MF tripple triangle freeze branded on yer ar$e & you new forum name to be Marty Ferguson from hence forth with  ;) ;)

Cheers Marcus, thought you'd like the 675........ ;)

Ouch, my backside is pretty painful after that branding........ :D

Great pictures Martin. Looks a very nice job to do loading bales.

Texas

Thanks Bas........Yes, I do enjoy loading the bales........ :)

never seen straw bales wrapped before, just stacked up and left in the barn? any reason for wrapping them mart

That's a first for me aswell seeing straw bales wrapped, great update and photographs Martin. :)

David and Sean, the wheat straw is wrapped and then injected with ammonia by a company called Feedmix, this is then left for a few weeks and is used as a dry feed for the cattle over the winter as part as opposed to the higher moisture content in silage........The usual ration for the main court is a bale of the ammonia straw mixed with two bales of silage........ :)

we did our about 5 years ago since then we have more silage but the guy that did it got the fast track and trailer stuck we but them beside a track for him so he was on hard standing. but he thought it would be fun to go on the field. wasn't funny when he had to get a d9 hired to pull him out.

seen ammonia applied on a few farms down here mart , with 3 different techniques.

i do know the wrapped bales being injected as i've done the wrapping , but not seen it done actually ibjected so some pics of that would be great.

also knew of a contractor that had an additive barrell & dribble bar on the baler for a direct application .

& last of which i did used to help with was , a contractor with a straw chopper application system , i used to load the bales onto a trailed conveyor that used to feed a straw chopper , where the ammonia was applied & blown to the back of a shed , as when it was chopped it was fed with a diet feeder which made it easier for the cows to eat & less waste as well