Changes to my 7840

Well as you may recall I bought a 7840 from Sparrowlegs, he had based i on the one I used to drive. As the main of the work is done I though I may (at the risk of f***ing it up) have a tinker round with a few bits on it to get it even closer to the real thing.

First up is the cab, here is how it looks before I wreck it!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No fear not matey, you can breath a sigh of relief and put the aspirin down now  :D :D :D :D

As the bulk of the work was done by your good self I thought I'd try a few little pieces here and there to stand her out. Thise Britains cabs are awful but there is no alternative so it is just a case of tinkering. Fiddley though.

No fear not matey, you can breath a sigh of relief and put the aspirin down now  :D :D :D :D

As the bulk of the work was done by your good self I thought I'd try a few little pieces here and there to stand her out. [glow=red,2,300]Thise Britains cabs are awful but there is no alternative [/glow] so it is just a case of tinkering. Fiddley though.

Actually there is ;D ;D  ;) ;)

Not sure if I can let myself in for this!! Tried removing sme recently applied paint with a dab of thinners and buggered up the 'glass' around where the bonnet goes inbetween the corner panels  :'(

come on show us, we can help you get over the pain ;) ;) ::)

Here goes!!!! Painted the parts of the cab fram that are not overed by glass on the real thing and cut away the roof at the back to house proper work lights, new exhaust fitted aswell. The cab glass need cleaning up from the tape and stuff but it isn't looking quite as bad as first thought. Oh, painted the diesel cap aswell.

Things to do are the addition of rear worklights, hand rails with sidelights, rear window and door handles/rails, mirrors, one beacon, ariel, 12v sockets...

???