tractors, machinery & trucks on my journeys

MJB1

wells rich mike's new jcb hasnt turned up but he has got a new diet feeder,  a Hi-Spec T20 looks very nice , no 956 on it though as it's in the workshop being sworn at  ;D

mike also gave me a bit of an insight to phillip & yourself , yeah nice couple of lads , but if it wern't for college, you'd never get out of bed  ;D ;D ;D 

haha mike hes a ledgend  ;D  my uncle saw the feeder being delivered i was going to take a trip down to see it  :)  ha that 956 does some work too  :D  haha what did else did he say then  :D  ha he makes me sound well lazy , i now im not a morning person but you know haha ill have to go down and black male him that i wont rotovate his spud patch from nw on  :D;) 

oh and sorry about the weather issue ,i came on the day after and didnt see it untill too late  :) 

Nice update Marcus, that's quite a fleet of tractors on that first farm, great to see a Muir Hill in it's working clothes too, very nifty idea on the IH 956XL on the second farm. :)

Wonder if he's ever left it in gear when he's went to tow it to where its goin ha ha!

• 4 weeks later...

managed to find a few pics for you

been turning here for ages , but the thawing ice has loosened everything up so i got a bit stuck  :-[

Picture152Small.jpg

1594 main tractor on the farm , was just getting it's battery changed

Picture147Small.jpg

nice little MF loader

Picture146Small.jpg

a random 698T outside a workshop in devon

Picture148Small.jpg

rare to find, an original  1980 Vreg 265 with what must be one of the first GKN sankey cabs to be fitted , as the grill is the same style as a 500 series tractor , & the 500's were still being built !

Picture156Small.jpg

even rarer to find , reasonably good 30in tyres that are still useable & later today they will be coming home to me , i hope  :)

Picture153Small.jpg

Good find on the tyres Marcus ;)

thanks john, they're a bit bigger than what i have now , mine are 16/9x30 down to about 25% these are 18.4/12x30 i think ? 50% worn, but undamaged  i would hazzard a guess at being front tyres maybe ?

soon as i saw them i wanted to ring you john but seeing as i don't have your number & text lord feguson instead  ;D ;D

thats the good thing about my job , i do get to see bit's n peices about  like marky's MF cultivator find , i think i may have found an MF 24 chisiel plough as well , burried in brambles & fit for scrap , been there for years , maybe it's time to find out if the owner will let it be rescued  :)

DOH..... no pictures of the MF24 then mate  :'(

The 265 is an early find as well mate... any chance of getting me the serial number from it when you are next there ???

no pictures of the 24  :-[

will try mark , the farmer has a number of farms , & have known of the 265 for a while , but this is the first time i have seen it at this farm , i rarely go to it's resident farm as is 8 wheeler only, the farm is a big ford NH user & it's this 265 as well as a 165 that are the only MF there  i have a picture of the 165 further back in this topic but here it is again

Image010Small-2.jpg

been down devon eh fella, where to mate,

that  on the road from Winkleigh>Wembworthy>Eggsford  was going from Liftondown to Umberleigh

Look at that poor old 165.... crying out for a rescue is that  :'(

already been done i think mark ,  i'd heard that the chap who does repairs for them now owns it & is planning on doing it up 

That case 1594 looks as if it suffers the same problems with the doors

as our 1394 did

the catch inside the cab bends in time you find that it gets harder to close the doors or  in time so it becomes a viciuos circle and you end up

slamming the doors shut "to catch" and in doing so the catch welded in the

cab bends in even more till the catch falls off one day then you cant

close the doors what so ever

you have to weld them back on in the end  ::) ::)::)  or use bale twine  >:( >:(>:(

that  on the road from Winkleigh>Wembworthy>Eggsford  was going from Liftondown to Umberleigh

thought that workshop pic looked familiar, well the back ground, its right on the crossroads with a pub opposite ?? that the one, last time i was up there he had a jd 3140 opu cab in 2 halfs outside and a old ih baler the opposite side, but nothing in the actuall building, 

• 4 weeks later...

here we go a round up of what i've seen lately !

well used & getting harder to find ford 6710

18210Small.jpg

an C-IH 956, also getting difficult to find ......................in this condition  ;D

182101Small.jpg

my lorry was out & i was called in to cover on a rest day so had to drive this  :-X

25210Small.jpg

but i did get to some smaller farms i don't get to see with my lorry & found these !

252101Small.jpg

252102Small.jpg

252103Small.jpg

when i got my lorry back the crack in my windscreen had pregressed into the wipe zone so had to get it fixed in the truck park & bristol services & before you ask no it's not marky fitting it  ;D ;D

out with the old

26210Small.jpg

262101Small.jpg

in with the new

262102Small.jpg

262103Small.jpg

bigwood & partners were having a 2 day open day at the market down the road , but was only setting up when i walked  walked  :-[  walked i actually walked  :of  down to see mad at work

so snapped a few of these

33102Small.jpg

33101Small.jpg

3310Small.jpg

33103Small.jpg

33104Small.jpg