Paint colours

JC

Question

As it seems quite a few people are getting into this converting and building lark I thought it might be an idea to have a colour reference topic, maybe it will help a few of us along with getting a close match colour off the shelf for a particular brand.

If you've used a particular "off the shelf" colour to match up to a particular brand and you don't mind sharing it with others then please post it up here.

• Like 1

i have but he doesnt even have it we got our mower repaired and he said it didnt come still

why not try a bmw zinobar red or a peugot cherry red ?? neither would be to far off on a white primer but test them first on a bit of scrap plastic to make sure

does any body know of a close match to the uh kuhn mower an off the shelf spray preferably that you can get in halfords or b&q

On of the VW Mars reds with a yellow primer should do it ;)

i have but he doesnt even have it we got our mower repaired and he said it didnt come still

found this on ebay may be a bit too much paint

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALTERNATIVE-FOR-KUHN-RED-PAINT_W0QQitemZ280243594344QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280243594344&_trkparms=72%3A984%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1318

bought some plastikote paint and primer from b and q this morning 400 ml cans for £4.98p and a

pound more for metallic and stone touch effects.

Thats 22p cheaper than halfords 300ml cans and they do a wide range of colours too.

I'm impressed with the paint as well seems just as good as halfords paint.

You also have the choice of either satin or gloss in most colours and they do red,grey or white primer.