Paint colours

JC

Question

As it seems quite a few people are getting into this converting and building lark I thought it might be an idea to have a colour reference topic, maybe it will help a few of us along with getting a close match colour off the shelf for a particular brand.

If you've used a particular "off the shelf" colour to match up to a particular brand and you don't mind sharing it with others then please post it up here.

• Like 1

seen this thread and I wonder if this is any help to you all. 

I went in to our local Agri parts shop and seen they had a Kramp paint chart. I asked if they could order me one .

a week later I went in and they gave me this paint chart free of charge, it has all the RAL colours and most European Agri manufactures. 

I just call them give the relevant paint code and I get 400ml spray can , think it is about £9 including the vat.

Here in the photo is a can of Lemken blue and it's a perfect mach to our SIKU Lemken plough

20180423_194554.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/22/2016 at 9:11 PM, Barry said:

Having a slight mind blank, I know Joe @catkom3 has shared a website before now, where you upload a photo and it tells you what colour's are a close match, I'm guessing its the same as what Barry has used above, but what is the website? Can't find reference to it anywhere!

Help much appreciated. Trying to sort the colour for the Bailey Silage trailer, got my Ral chart out and 6001, 6002 or 6029 seem like reasonable matches, any second opinions?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Having a slight mind blank, I know Joe @catkom3 has shared a website before now, where you upload a photo and it tells you what colour's are a close match, I'm guessing its the same as what Barry has used above, but what is the website? Can't find reference to it anywhere!

Help much appreciated. Trying to sort the colour for the Bailey Silage trailer, got my Ral chart out and 6001, 6002 or 6029 seem like reasonable matches, any second opinions?

The web site I put up years ago no longer exist's unfortunately James,It was a very handy tool,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

could do with that website as well, was looking for a ral or code for kidd blue, at some point i will need it . 

Looking at my chart I'd say 5012 or 5015 are the two options for Kidd Blue. 5015 is abit deeper and matches the brochure colour well (also looks to match what model farmer use), but 5012 is a little more faded/light and looks to match real machine photos better.

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

yeah i had seen them james, been hunting for a code of some sorts for the proper shade, but no joy, even sparex dont list it, so i think its gonna be an eye thing for it, 

Do you think this is any good,just found it and put in RAL 6001.

https://www.e-paint.co.uk/Colour_alternatives.asp

Regards

Joe.

So for the bailey trailer.......

Find an image,

TB16.jpg.4201146516938b5c27fd907cc96d707a.jpg

Hover over the image to find the colour,

1326076909_TB162.jpg.03bc02bdb447963de6a07076c722ebe1.jpg

The RGB code generated is 1,153,52

I put this into a converter to get the RAL code CLOSEST to the colour i chose

899380218_TB163.jpg.679af7bb1060511e30b5f808c223bd16.jpg

I was told by someone that you will never get an exact match without buying the real thing from the real suppliers!!!

I've learnt that a close match is good enough, i've always been worried about someone saying "that's the wrong colour"...... but its not happened yet!!

Spot on Barry, thank you very much, will keep both those in the favourites bar from now on.

I had seen that farming forum topic, and hoped someone that had built some before may have used a code they where happy with. Think a bike ride over to Uni, where they have a bailey in the yard, armed with my Ral chart is the next step, as they appear a different shade in every photo!

• Like 1

Nipped out on my daily exercise, couldn't get next to the trailer as the farms on lock down, but a look from afar and I've decided on RAL 6002 for the current Bailey Green, RAL 6005 looks a good match for the older darker Bailey Green, will update if it's not correct!

12 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Nipped out on my daily exercise, couldn't get next to the trailer as the farms on lock down, but a look from afar and I've decided on RAL 6002 for the current Bailey Green, RAL 6005 looks a good match for the older darker Bailey Green, will update if it's not correct!

I’ve some RAL 6002 for Bailey trailers and I think with a dark primer it’ll be a perfect match for the newer Bailey shade!

• Like 1

just wondering what people would recomend for a jcb excavator yellow and black persuming the black is a jet black?

also what would people recomend for spraying on detailed 3d prints airbrush or spray can ? was thinking could maybe get a spray can and spray out paint then put paint into airbush whats peoples thoughts?

thanks