Some of my wee red Nashs

BC

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice machines

Yes i do like Internationals and Farmalls bremner. I had a laugh when I read your profile about the "tow chain" given my Cub had to tow start my Nuffield on Sunday ;D ;D

I know this is a long shot but the one part I'm missing for my French Cub is the air cleaner top. It's a different style to the American cub but as yet I haven't been able to source one. Don't suppose anyone out there knows of a French cub that is being broken up do they ??? ???

• 2 weeks later...

Some more shots of my 1953 French International Cub taken last weekend at the BA Stores working weekend.

First loaded up and ready to go

BA2008002-1.jpg

Now a go with the trailing plough the first time ever i've tried this caper  ;D ;D

BA2008026-1.jpg

BA2008055.jpg

BA2008056.jpg

Now something easier grass cutting

BA2008064.jpg

BA2008066.jpg

Great pics... and she's well and truly tied down on that trailer Bill.. I reckon she'll not fall off that easily mate  :o:D :D

Love the grass cutting pics.. never seen a fingerbar in action... is it a slow process mate ???

Great pics... and she's well and truly tied down on that trailer Bill.. I reckon she'll not fall off that easily mate  :o:D :D

Love the grass cutting pics.. never seen a fingerbar in action... is it a slow process mate ???

I maybe go over the top when roping on Mark but Inever have to stop on rounte to tighten and I don't want to be done by the "old bill" for having an insecure load.

The Cub has only 3 gears so it first gear with 1/4 throttle for driving the mower so no it not a fast process. It's quite rattle and shaky with all the vibration too and my back was suffering on the Monday from lifting the lever at the ends without dismounting from the seat. The way the grass was lying it would only cut uphill and so I was running empty in 3rd gear on the way down so that was the fast bit  ;D ;D

Was most enjoyable and shame I didn't have a bit more time to improve on the ploughing  :( :(

For more shots on the event you can visit my post under Events

Ploughing looks good Bill... I bet it was a lot of fun as well... you lucky devil...  :P

It was a really fun weekend Mark and all for charity. I needed Monday off to unload , clean and catch up on some sleep ;D ;D Can't wait till next years event ;D ;D

thats a nice cut from that mower  :) and you done good with the ploughing  :)

Yes the old finger bar mower was cutting well on Sunday and only nicked one section with a stone but that will be simple to replace. The ploughing went much better on the Sunday than it did on the Saturday ( See my post on the BA event under Events & shows ) but I didn't have such a large rig plus it was downhill and not so hard and stoney. May well have a bash at next years event. I've now got a spring hitch plus now know the plough needs at least a 56 er weight on the tail to help keep it in the ground ;D

Oh well Saturday it was time to bring my 1951 American Farmall Cub Reg CSJ 249 out from her winter storage and give her the once over in preparation for the Fraserburgh Vintage rally next Sunday.

AMCUB006.jpg

AMCUB007.jpg

AMCUB008.jpg

AMCUB009.jpg

AMCUB010.jpg

AMCUB011.jpg

AMCUB012.jpg

AMCUB013.jpg

I was getting my display boards out on Sunday and found some pictures that were taken during the restoration of CSJ 249 from 1996 to 2000. Sorry for the quality of the photos they are digi's off prints but I though it would give you an idea of the work which was carried out on the old girl. ;) ;)

First two show her as she was deivered to Aberdeen on the back of a curtainside. Oh my god were some of the words that came to my mind amongst other  ;D ;D

AMCUB014.jpg

AMCUB049.jpg

Now then she is home and the bits and pieces unloaded from her.

AMCUB016.jpg

AMCUB015.jpg

The first job was a degrease and power wash then off the head to get the valves refaced. No point in doing anywork on a tractor if the engines no good

AMCUB017.jpg

AMCUB018.jpg

you've done a grand job on her Bill  :) nice to see what she looked like before, during and after.  :)

A lot of blood sweat and tears and money was spent on her Mark ;D ;D I was please with the end result though ;) ;)

Nice job Bill - you spoil her even down to the carpet :D :D

Thanks Colm... well actually the carpet rug was for me to crawl in on. The floor was coated in creosote last year and it was to save me getting messed up. There is no room to sit on the tractor in that shed so I put in and out by way of an endless chain. She only stays the during the winter months between September and May... too much hassle getting in and out of that shed  ;D ;D

Bill... the way you care for your tractors is a real credit to you mate... When I die I want to be reincarnated as one of your tractors  :D :D

The downside to that MarK is that if you don't start or misbehave you get sworn at  ;D ;D

Archived