CLASSIC TRACTOR June 07

A very good read having to anger and interest  me all at the same time  :D;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

more pics of a certain blue proto type  ;) ;) ;)

liked the IH 84 series buyers guide

and that proto-type leyland

but I got a tad angry at the HSE survey.....

i do beleave the BAGMA members are being over-zellass

on certian Tractor safty issues trivial as wiper blades

then NOT having the apropriate  testing eqipment for the

likes of "trailer breaks" MY GOD i thought this was set up

to make roads safer but judging by the one readers report

they are just in it to line the goverments pockets

another thing that got me going was smoking in tractor cabs

FOR GODS SAKE havent we all got better things to do without

worrying over trivial acts like this I am a smoker and i would carry on regardless so up yours EU you will  have to catch me first :o :o :o

what next are they going to make even thinking about smoking a crime 

im sure our goverment is slipping a communist blanket over this country  >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(

anyway was a good read rory cant wait till the next issue  ;) ;) :) :) :)

Im better now after that moan :-[:-\ :'( :):D;D ;D ;D ;D

cheers nigel

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good read having to anger and interest  me all at the same time  :D;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

more pics of a certain blue proto type  ;) ;) ;)

liked the IH 84 series buyers guide

and that proto-type leyland

but I got a tad angry at the HSE survey.....

i do beleave the BAGMA members are being over-zellass

on certian Tractor safty issues trivial as wiper blades

then NOT having the apropriate  testing eqipment for the

likes of "trailer breaks" MY GOD i thought this was set up

to make roads safer but judging by the one readers report

they are just in it to line the goverments pockets

another thing that got me going was smoking in tractor cabs

FOR GODS SAKE havent we all got better things to do without

worrying over trivial acts like this I am a smoker and i would carry on regardless so up yours EU you will  have to catch me first :o :o :o

what next are they going to make even thinking about smoking a crime 

im sure our goverment is slipping a communist blanket over this country  >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(

anyway was a good read rory cant wait till the next issue  ;) ;) :) :) :)

Im better now after that moan :-[:-\ :'( :):D;D ;D ;D ;D

cheers nigel

Your comment about the relationship between safety and the Governments pocket sums up what I've been saying all along. Those tossers aren't really interested in anything unless it will generate revenue for them in the form of administration fees, fines, registration fees and more fines. If you have noticed; most of the new regulations carry heavy fines for not complying and they already have a good idea how much revenue this will raise before they are introduced.

And before anyone says it, I am very safety orientated and concerned about peoples safety and comfort, but that should be the prime reason for introducing legislation. Our younger members probably don't realise how this Government is ripping us off. Things like prescription charges, reductions in what is available on the NHS in spite of what we pay in National Insurance contributions which is what they were for. Having to pay extra to dispose of our rubbish when we already pay council tax for that purpose and pay an inflation busting increase in council tax every year. Bloody cold hearted rip off merchants.

There, I've had my say, I won't say any more or reply to any provocative replies, or I'll start using BLOCK CAPITALS AGAIN >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(

Couldn't agree more  >:( >:(    Anyway back to Classic Tractor and I'm glad to say the middle pages aren't falling out anymore :D  Good model pages this issue as TM810 & BBLQ092 said, can't you add a couple more pages Rory ;D  The JD 4455 isn't converted from a 3350 though is it  ???

I like the Cormac McCormick, but where can you get an English spec Bomford trimmer lookalike to go on it?

MDFord,

Thanks for your kind words. The problem we had with the centre pages of the March 2007 issue, which became detached from the staples, was addressed with the printers at the time and I am pleased to say it has not happened again.

Regarding the JD 4455 in this month's Collector's Corner section, I specifically asked Rinze Bos what it was converted from and he told me it was an Ertl 3350. However, he is Dutch, so perhaps he didn't fully understand the question. It may have been the 1/32-scale Ertl JD 4430 row-crop I suppose.

Unfortunately, as much as I like models, Collector's Corner will continue to be 2-3 pages for the foreseeable future. Adding an extra model section would, in my opinion, leave the second half of the magazine unbalanced.

Regards

R Day

SPN,

Yep, I know what you mean about the 'Reflections' story. Getting a good period working shot of a J. J. Thomas was always going to be a problem and I didn't want to use a recent picture of a rough old Thomas just sitting in a farm yard.

It probably appeared to be all Renault and Fiat on the surface but scratch or read a little closer and there was some good Thomas stuff in there.

Regards

Rory

The article was excellent - if anything it was too short. I love those stories from the frontline in the 70s & 80s. Lots of "so that's what that was all about" moments.  :D

The JJ Thomas connection didn't come to me until later. A pic would have brought it home immediately.

Not a criticism, by the way, more of a thinking out loud thing.

Dear Nashmach,

No it wasn't you, the classified section was smaller this month for some reason. We would like to build it up again so if anyone has anything they want to sell, send it in....!

Regards

Rory

Indeed I have....when to the adverts need to be in? ???

This is one of the best magazines on the go for us tractor fanatics. I have had mine on subscription right from the start of publication.  Don't expect me to answer the phone or do anything once I've opened up my copy and started reading it as it is a magazine you can't put down once you start.  i would also agree that we could do with a little more model news and features about collectables, well that's my view on the subject. A superb publication and always getting better every issue. Three cheers for Rory and Classic Tractor

This is one of the best magazines on the go for us tractor fanatics. I have had mine on subscription right from the start of publication.  Don't expect me to answer the phone or do anything once I've opened up my copy and started reading it as it is a magazine you can't put down once you start.  i would also agree that we could do with a little more model news and features about collectables, well that's my view on the subject. A superb publication and always getting better every issue. Three cheers for Rory and Classic Tractor

I second you on that one.

Even hard to go and do some tractor driving without reading it first :D :D :D

Dear TSA135 Driver,

That is extremely kind of you to say such nice things. Your comments are very much appreciated and I have passed them on to the staff at head office.

My aim as editor is always to try and improve the content and look of the magazine; sometimes it seems to work, other times not. Six years after the magazine was first published I would like to think that it is still maturing and has some way to go before it can rival some of the car magazines in terms of style and presentation.

When I look back to some of the first issues I positively cringe, yet they seemed OK at the time.

If there's one good thing about having lots of competition it certainly makes you try harder!

Regards

Rory

Rory. One for you here. Yes, I would definitely like echo all those positives that members have voiced in their posts about the C.T. Mag, what more can you say?. Did have a thought though with regards to 'Model Corner', don't know wheather practical or no, would be nice to have a 'Model Corner' supplement at the years end with all the years model articles/reports, would save trawling through a pile of magazines and could be just the ticket for referencing. Keep up the good work, we're all behind you 110%.  :)

Rory. One for you here. Yes, I would definitely like echo all those positives that members have voiced in their posts about the C.T. Mag, what more can you say?. Did have a thought though with regards to 'Model Corner', don't know wheather practical or no, would be nice to have a 'Model Corner' supplement at the years end with all the years model articles/reports, would save trawling through a pile of magazines and could be just the ticket for referencing. Keep up the good work, we're all behind you 110%.  :)

Not a bad idea pr, make it available at the end of the yearas an extra publication, perhaps by mail order similar to the back issues?

CT continues to go from strength to strength. Time was I would read it cover to cover in one or two sittings, now I even find myself unable to finish it in one month!! Not complaining though, maybe I'm just busier with other things :-\

Not a bad idea pr, make it available at the end of the yearas an extra publication, perhaps by mail order similar to the back issues?

CT continues to go from strength to strength. Time was I would read it cover to cover in one or two sittings, now I even find myself unable to finish it in one month!! Not complaining though, maybe I'm just busier with other things :-\

Think we are all that way James - don't forget it has increased in terms of number of pages as well ;)

rory, can i ask, a quick question

at a guess do you know how many of your readers ar ealso model collectors?? ie have you dodne any research .or do you recive a lot of letters/e-mails about the stuff yu print in the collector corner?. i would hazzard a guess that a good 75% more than likely are, if we are anything to go by,may be worth a bit of thought  with regaurds the models section?? even if it was maybe bi- monthly  for the larger section