Britains farming German style

Ok, are you selling to the UK and what is the postage - does not work on your eBay listing.

How about listing some on the FTF auction site??

was not aware of any auction site in this forum; anyway postage (incl. insurance) is 5 pound sterling, no matter how many you take (up to 20 kg weight), fixed price is 5 pound sterling per 100 pieces.

after some experiments with different transport trailers for potatos, I finally found this special edition SIKU modell at Ebay for a very low price (7 Euro). I think this really looks like a root trailer and fits very well in this scene regarding colour and the non-UH like detail (no it's no criticism on the conversionists providing these modells, I have really become a fan of Towse Trading modells, they are pure charming). However, i try to avoid too strong contrasts of detail (e. g. not to combine an old Britains tractor with an UH drill).

What do you think of this trailer in this scene?

post-1013-132638680235_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638680243_thumb.jpg

I think it fits perfectly Richard.... Very nice scene...

Have you ever thought of giving some of your models the "aged look" - I'm not sure how you achieve it... but that trailer with a bit of mud up the side of it would look superb.  ???

It does look a very realistic scene as it is mind you  ;)

I think it fits perfectly Richard.... Very nice scene...

Have you ever thought of giving some of your models the "aged look" - I'm not sure how you achieve it... but that trailer with a bit of mud up the side of it would look superb.  ???

It does look a very realistic scene as it is mind you  ;)

Thanks for the nice feedback, good idea - will try and show you the results! By the way, I am especially delighted to receive a comment from you personally ;-)

No problem... I have to say... I am no expert... but looking at your layout pics... I reckon it's something you could do with ease Richard - I think we have had a topic or two on here before about making things look "used" ... I'll see if I can dig it up  ;)

I guess it must be PVA glue the experts use... of just plain paint  ??? - anyone know how to do it ???

"You can call me Al" ehm no, please call me numpty, numpty of the day.

Not only did I meet a farmer today who almost wanted to kill me and then call the police just for taking pics of his bloody vegetable harvester (more to come in the Farm talk section soon) ...

No, trying to "improve" my diorama with the aid water based colour, the beautiful "Jan de Veenhuis" sticker with the nice three horses was virtually washed off my new trailer.  :'(

Pictures will follow soon ...

Hi Marky, no reason to blame you - your idea was very good - it's my impatience regarding my own and others work causing the problems ...

Ok lads, you wanted it dirty - you get it dirty, what do you think of the results:

- some water colour

- spraying the items softly with water (sprayer for ironing clothes), then blowing used dry coffee over the whole scene !!!!

- after this, I had to print out a new background sheet, as everything was washed off (another numpty!) ... :-\

post-1013-132638680286_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638680294_thumb.jpg