Britains farming German style

The story of becoming a row-crop fan:

November 1976:

A Saturday morning: waking up, little 4-year old Sascha saw a STOLL beet harvester working on a field right behind the garden of our rental house.

Right after breakfast I ran to the field and saw the IH tractor pulling this impressive single-row mashine, topping the crop and collecting it in one tank which dropped the crop from time to time and formed long cross-rows of tops on the field, while the beets like a micracle were thrown in the large basket forming a large part of the mashine. Everything smelled like earth and sugar ... and I knew: I wanted to have this harvester of a modell to play with.

So I asked my father, please can I have such a beet harvester as a modell on X-mas (I had received my first Britains Ford 5000 plus Bamford Baler in the summer and the forager/trailer set on my birthday in september): and my father answered, yes if you so much like to I will look what I can do and talk with the angels in heaven ...

On X-mas eve, among some very nice presents, I did not found the beet harvester and I cried a lot of tears, until my father (who was a jetset business man) explained: The angels searched in every toy shop in the world but did not find anything like that ...

Restarting my hobby some 30 years later, I found beet and potato harvesters by conversionists at Farmtoysforum and today even a Stoll beet harvester - so after three decades a dream came true and I still long for further implements and row crop tractors/wheels and so on, all in connection with this childhood trauma ;-))))

• 2 weeks later...

very nice sasha ,whats your views on the lemken drill then?? certainly looks the part

Basically, I am very pleased with the item and it's my first UH item for me so far, so I am entering new horizons. However, there are some minor issues with some small parts not exactly arranged in the right angle, e.g. the back lights/warning plates. Also one of the spur markers could not be moved at all (and broke when trying to do so, thus some gluing was required last night ...).

However, astonishing detail, lots of prints, tubes, wires, unbelievable for me as a so far 100% Britains and Siku user ...

Of a ten-point scale (with 10 the best), I give this item a 9.5 !!!

Any views of other or equal experiences with this UH drill appreciated!

post-1013-132638684168_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638684172_thumb.jpg