tms project "top secret"

:D

well its time to post some pics

what you are going to see is a build of a new combine for the layout, fully scratch built bar wheels and tyres and the jd 4020 front axel,

i started out with a brouchure and 2 bits of a4 paper, i only had basic info ie lenght height width so i drew out a box, and basicly hand drew the combine till i got the right look from her, bar a few minor bits

start3.jpg

start2.jpg

start1.jpg

this is as far as i go for now, all i can say is shes finished the last 2 pics for now show the body free hanging in the paint shop in the shed

625part8d.jpg

and finally whats that looking out of the shed :D :D :D, just a little tempting pic for you to wet your apetites

625tempting.jpg

the second part will be posted soon i promise

Ah now that is what it was all about :o :o :o :o

Looks bl@@dy fantastic    Well done you

Makes the begining of the laverda look punitive ;) ;)

Now how many hours did it take :-\ :-\

Regards SMurF :-*

That is one excellent scratch build, well done!!

It takes me back to the 1970's when I would go down the field with my grandad and watch the combine excactly like that, along with my uncle on the corn cart/

Can't wait to see the finished model.

Again,, well done!

Ah now that is what it was all about :o :o :o :o

Looks bl@@dy fantastic     Well done you

Makes the begining of the laverda look punitive ;) ;)

Now how many hours did it take :-\ :-\

Regards SMurF :-*

no she wont mate, i recon the laverda will be as good,

as for time?? its taken me 3weeks of mostly eves and half days at the weekends ,the tines alone took 6 hrs of bending drilling and fitting i finished her this eve at 5ish when she bought home the side decals she printed of me at work,

thanks for the preview sean , , took a while to get there , but 3 weeks ? & how much red bull & swearing  :D

outstanding sean top marks chap well worth the time spent on that  :) :) :) :) :)

a fair bit mate, lots of recutting to i got the right shapes i wanted, pics got it close but until i actually got the part on the model to see it, i couldnt really tell,

And I thought you were building a JQ  :-[:D :D :D

Damn glad now you saw the light and built a nice classic MF harvester - top marks to you Sean and all the effort you have put into it has been well worthwhile ;)

Can't wait to see the final finished picture ;)

PS what size is the head and ahve you a trolley made up for it ???

And I thought you were building a JQ  :-[:D :D :D

Damn glad now you saw the light and built a nice classic MF harvester - top marks to you Sean and all the effort you have put into it has been well worthwhile ;)

Can't wait to see the final finished picture ;)

PS what size is the head and ahve you a trolley made up for it ???

the header scaled to a 12ft version mate,didn't really want any bigger to be honest yes there is a header trolly for her ,but i forgot to take pics of that when i built it, but it did only take 1 hr to do

Absolutely beautiful piece of workmanship my fave Plymouthian - those tynes must have taken you ages... very, very impressed Sean:-* :-*:-*

thanks mandy,

right got the next batch uploaded now, these will take you through various stages of the build after paint, like seating area detail ect, you will prob notice i had shortened up all the tines to the same lenght now to,

625part8e.jpg

625part9.jpg 

625part9a.jpg

625part9b.jpg

heres where the cling film cutting bar went to that got me into trouble the other day, makes a great cutter bar on the header

625part9c.jpg

625part9d.jpg