BGU now owns a Tractor!!

BGU

Which One??  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which One??

• Grey Fergie
    • MF35

Well we got back in under 22 minutes this time. Opened her up a bit more. ;D

It's 4 miles so an average speed of about 11 MPH.

Look what it's done to my nice new exhaust - A bit hot?? :D :D

DSCN43752008-03-18DSCN4375.jpg

She's done 4.5  hours since I've owned her!! Is that more than Fanny?? :D

DSCN43762008-03-18DSCN4376.jpg

It nearly all went so wrong! :-[ I'm only using the small petrol tank because the large one leaks. I filled it right up before I left and when I got back to the farm some 8 miles later it was on the last dregs!! Don't think much of the MPG!! Must get the other tank on.

She was also missing a bit and needed the choke open a touch all of the time so need to get her serviced!

Thank god I didn't run out of fuel! :D :D

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant Kev.... she's running a little rich I'd say mate... I reckon the carburetor and timing need checking mate... Great to see her on the road and mobile...

As for the fuel consumption... that's not right... when she's running properly that will be a different matter I am sure...

Loving the hitch... never seen one like that before either  :-\

Great stuff Kev, I am more than a little envious  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) My wife has promised that when I retire then she may consider letting me have a real one, but not until  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

robbo

Great stuff Kev, I am more than a little envious  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) My wife has promised that when I retire then she may consider letting me have a real one, but not until  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

robbo

Well you've not got that long left! But perhaps you should buy it now and restore it so that it is ready to go when you retire! ;) ;)

Good stuff, Kev ;)

Maybe the fuel consumption and hot exhaust are linked.  :)

Never seen that drawbar either - looks a bit continental?

I have seen these drawbars on eBay before - it must be made to fit a Massey as the curve is just right for the back axle.

great to hear she's been out on the road all registered and taxed  ;D

Nice little project going on with Penny. Are you going to get a little trailer to pull behind her?

You never know! There are a couple under rubbish in the Farm Yard! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Popped up to see Penny this morning and bought a new addition!

Get that JD clothing off my tractor! :D :D

DSCN4510.jpg

Interesting damp patches on tyre - inside and out not on rim? No signs of flat tyre though! ??? ???

DSCN4513.jpg

Popped up to see Penny this morning and bought a new addition!

Get that JD clothing off my tractor! :D :D

Interesting damp patches on tyre - inside and out not on rim? No signs of flat tyre though! ??? ???

Have you got a dog Kev? ::)

Didn't photograph the front closely but there are several holes but no pins? for the three point linkage to hitch onto?

Any idea what it is? Is that a makers plate or a dealers plate?

About the right age for Penny I think? 1960?

Lubbly jubbly Kev.... thats gonna need a shot blasting and a coat of paint... I can't wait to see Penny pulling her up the field.  Most agricultural emginrrers will have the pins you need... if indeed thay are not already in penny's toolbox ???

So.. some on then.... lets see it on the back of Penny.... any old bar will do for now just to pick it up..  :-\

As for what it is... its a spring tine cultivator.. very popular in the 1960's, 70's and early 80's