What really PLEASED you?

finally got sue and her mum to visit her dad in the care home, first time since he went in 4 weeks ago, mainly delayed due to the homes request so he could settle,(but only asked for 2 weeks)  and a great visit to,hes  settled in really well, looks a lot better as hes now getting constant attention that her mum could not give him , have his meds under control and sorted now,so not as agitated as he was, sadly has no idea who his wife was, or his daughter which is part of the dementure, but at 92 hes done well ,  they both left feeling a lot better, which made all the agro getting them to agree to go in the first place well worth it

I'm probably going to regret sharing this with you lot (not Jo and Sue, naturally :-* ), but I've been working very hard all day and my fab partner came home from work, ran me a very bubbly, bubble bath, lit scented candles and put a glass of red wine by the bath for me... I now feel terribly, terribly mellow.....

isn't he just fab ;)

... way to a woman's heart and all that ;)

Dad saw one at the weekend too, Mark.

For me, after a morning spent turfing we ended up with 8 rolls spare, enough for half of our front garden  :) So this evening it went from a soil/ash kind of surface to a lush green lawn!  :) A few more rolls needed to get us up to where the log store and bin park will go now. Another turfing job soon then I hope.

Dad saw one at the weekend too, Mark.

For me, after a morning spent turfing we ended up with 8 rolls spare, enough for half of our front garden  :) So this evening it went from a soil/ash kind of surface to a lush green lawn!  :) A few more rolls needed to get us up to where the log store and bin park will go now. Another turfing job soon then I hope.

Don't you find laying turf therapeutic, Tris?  Wonderful to turn a bare patch into a green carpet and this is the right weather for doing it

Well in a time when most companies in the oil and gas industry are getting pay freezes and no bonus' we got both.

3% payrise

10% bonus

3% in shift allowances

rather happy with what I got means I can pay my tax bill to the inland revenue >:( >:(

Was that you I just saw floating past on a bright pink cloud, Rob? :angel:

Yeah was pretty pleased with it as Bill on here has had yet another pay freeze as have most other companies so makes a change for me to do ok. As for the inland revenue better pay them now rather than let them come and get it.

Well in a time when most companies in the oil and gas industry are getting pay freezes and no bonus' we got both.

3% payrise

10% bonus

3% in shift allowances

rather happy with what I got means I can pay my tax bill to the inland revenue >:( >:(

Lucky you Rob. We have been on hold for past two years and no bonus last year either. They say they will reassess after the first quarter results but I'm not holding my breath. Mind you I suppose should not moan since I still have a job just in real terms I'm worse off.