What really PLEASED you?

Well that or I'm a jinks when it comes to washing machines...gone through 4 in almost the past 1/4 of a century...and what annoyed me today...new stock not in yet and will not be tomorrow :angry:

Could be all those skidmarks as well eh Bill ::):ph34r:

Ive finally got the go ahead from my landlord to deck the loft so i can get the farm up and running again the only thing is ive got to pack it all away and take down all my hard work at mums but its all good fun and will keep me busy for a while

Regards Nick

Looking out my kitchen window and seeing I had Goldfinches at my feeders again after an absece of nearly five months.I did think the Sparrowhawk had had them all,but there are five of them out there right now devouring my nijer seed :) :)

Regards

Joe.

They are beautiful birds - I have a bit of 'wild bird mix' sown on the field next to the farm and flocks of Goldfinches and Linnets have spent the winter there (as well as the usual farmland birds) :) .

I have goldfinches throughout the winter. More in winter than any other time of the year as I leave all the seed heads on my globe thistles (I have several large clumps) which they love. Beautiful birds.

Well Sue I normally have them all year round,but roughly last November mine all disappeared,i had been getting regular visit's from at least one Sparrowhawk,so I guessed they had taken all my wild birds,I was getting the odd Siskin as well,along with Sparrows Greenfinchs Chaffinchs Robins Blackbirds,Blue **** Great **** Coals ****,Collared Doves Pidgeons,even the very odd Greater Spotted Woodpecker,but the last few months I've only seen the pidgeons,

They are beautiful birds - I have a bit of 'wild bird mix' sown on the field next to the farm and flocks of Goldfinches and Linnets have spent the winter there (as well as the usual farmland birds) :) .

John.just last year I sowed some Teasel seeds,for them not much success last year,but I see a few plant starting to show this year,

Regards

Joe.

dont see many if any goldfinchs in our garden, loads of blue and coal ****, along with great ****, good few robins to, lot of sparrows plus a wren that nests in a old bucket in the back hedge,also got a woodpecker who regularly visits the oak tree beside us, along with a family of bluejays, usally an owl or two round most nights to

Well Sue I normally have them all year round,but roughly last November mine all disappeared,i had been getting regular visit's from at least one Sparrowhawk,so I guessed they had taken all my wild birds,I was getting the odd Siskin as well,along with Sparrows Greenfinchs Chaffinchs Robins Blackbirds,Blue **** Great **** Coals ****,Collared Doves Pidgeons,even the very odd Greater Spotted Woodpecker,but the last few months I've only seen the pidgeons,

John.just last year I sowed some Teasel seeds,for them not much success last year,but I see a few plant starting to show this year,

Regards

Joe.

Yesterday I had about 10 tree sparrows in the garden which is more than I have seen for years and as for teazel - i had a volunteer last year which the goldfinches also enjoyed. Hoping some more will grow this year

dont see many if any goldfinchs in our garden, loads of blue and coal ****, along with great ****, good few robins to, lot of sparrows plus a wren that nests in a old bucket in the back hedge,also got a woodpecker who regularly visits the oak tree beside us, along with a family of bluejays, usally an owl or two round most nights to

I get all of the above plus chaffinches and I did have a pair of bullfinches but the virus killed both last year. Green and spotted woodpeckers appear from time to time - the spotted one comes to one the the tall birdbaths - but generally I hear them rather than see them

Being told yesterday by Costco if I took back my broken down washing machine ( less than 2 years old) and would get a full refund and I could purchase a new one for £ 299.98. In effect I will get new one for £ 18 which is a lot better than paying £ 119 for a call out and time with free parts. Washing machines don't seem to last long with me for whatever reason.

Did you stop and say "how do" to the lady who had to replace the one orange on the last visit to Costco??? Can just see it this time: Staff "Blimey look oooos back again probably got a hollow egg when the daft bugger stopped to pick up his easter coloring set and dozen eggs". Ell, er he comes our way, probably wanting a 2p screw for that bleedin old tiller of his.....mucky ole bugger, lets hide in the back room." ;)

Different bunch on and well Rick if I spend good money i expect quality goods

I actually forghot to buy easter eggs this year.....I'll wait a few weeks and see if they are down to 1/2 price ;D ;D

back to a loved up lad then eh alex?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: no more working on cars all the time, trips out with the lads ect, back under the thumb infact :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the working on cars will have to stop yeh... gutted. but happy to be back in a relationship that doesn't involve a 5000mile distance or 8 hour time difference as of may 5th when she's back!

Absolutely thrilled is more like it.

A friend emailed me with a link to the Autosport forum where there was a topic discussing the Stirling Moss model car collection at the Haynes Museum in Sparkford. Many of you know that this collection belonged to my late husband and was bought by the museum in 2008. The topic was fascinating but contained several misapprehensions which needed correcting.

I registered on this forum and it took 4 DAYS before an administrator validated and allowed me to post (thank goodness FTF is not so tight) but the response from my posting has been worth it as I loved that collection almost as much as Stu did. :)::)

Absolutely thrilled is more like it.

A friend emailed me with a link to the Autosport forum where there was a topic discussing the Stirling Moss model car collection at the Haynes Museum in Sparkford. Many of you know that this collection belonged to my late husband and was bought by the museum in 2008. The topic was fascinating but contained several misapprehensions which needed correcting.

I registered on this forum and it took 4 DAYS before an administrator validated and allowed me to post (thank goodness FTF is not so tight) but the response from my posting has been worth it as I loved that collection almost as much as Stu did. :)::)

This sounds interesting any photos around by chance???

As well as a DeWalt power driver for my birthday (boarding the attic is imminent!) She also took me to Curry's to buy me a new camera..... Enter a change from my favoured Fuji brand and a fancy new Nikon Coolpix S9100. Switswooooo!

Feeling guilty I bought Traci a Nikon Coolpix S3100 in a swanky red colour.

Foraging tonights dinner! Took a turn to avoid traffic and ended going for a bit of a jolly through Derbyshire, came across a shed load of wild garlic, away from the main roads and field run offs, reminded me why I love and miss the English countryside so much when I am away working.

Made a tasty soup and a good side to a lamb dinner, first time I have ever pulled off a Saturday Kitchen recipe without days of preparation. Made the house smell great too!