What really PLEASED you?

Thanks ever so much for the very sound advice Sue, much appreciated. I'm now fixed up with a second hand sofa and have also invested in a kettle, toaster, microwave and a slow cooker. Things are coming together quite nicely. :)

You're welcome. David. Have you got a vacuum cleaner on that list?

You're welcome. David. Have you got a vacuum cleaner on that list?

Whilst i've yet to acquire one Sue, i'm waiting on a good friend at another store to get back to me regards one as they have two they use in store when they only really need one. So I hope to cross that off my list too very soon. :)

Congrats on the new house David, does that mean the photo updates from around the area will continue then?

Thanks Patrick, glad to have something sorted. That's certainly the intention. My photography hobby has become a much larger part of my spare time and something i'm quite keen to continue with around here. :)

Well done for getting your housing sorted David. Look forward to seeing the "select few" models that will be moving in with you :laugh:

What Pleased me, BT finally re-connecting our telephone line after it got broken by trees in the bad weather last Thursday.

passed my technical certificate, application of number and communication skills with 95% in each. now most of the way through my apprenticeship. signed on the new flat last night. living the dream.

Well done Alex and PJ on the work front.

Mark I take it that is internet too then is it or are you on cable for your internet?

For me? Another eBay item turning up in the post and me being here on a Saturday to receive it!

car sailed through its mot, no advisorys or anything ,and they did a full vallet on it free of charge as they missed their 90 min time slot by 10 mins ,well worth the extra 20 mins i had to wait for it down to that, saves me the job of clearing all the crud off after the motorway and farm last week, which was this afternoons job

• 2 weeks later...

Well done for getting your housing sorted David. Look forward to seeing the "select few" models that will be moving in with you :laugh:

Thanks ever so much Mark, happy to say i'm now more or less settled in. :)

After several very hectic days and evenings recently I'm now to all intents and purposes moved in. Had the removal men in today to sort out all the heavy stuff, furniture and washing machine etc. Just my computer to sort out and the few clothes I have that remain here at Pickering left to move. Broadband due for setting up at the new digs next week so it shouldn't be too long before i'm online there. "Derwent Vale" too has now almost been completely disbanded ready for it's relocation and rechristening close to Sheffield in a fortnight's time, hope all my models arrive there in one piece. Whilst I won't get to see my collection as often now I do have a dedicated room to play with at my Mum and Dad's new place with lots more room to expand it when time and money allows......What really pleased me though today, as a result of my change of address my car insurance has been reduced by nearly £130 per year. :)

Green Woodpecker paid me a visit yesterday evening and spent a while boring holes in my lawn. I assume it was after leatherjackets or more likely cockchafer grubs which I know I have in plenty as my lawn is really 400 year old pasture with grass roots down 12 inches or more.

Quite a few things on this American Independence Day actually....first of all I had the day off. I had booked my car in for its 3rd MOT so I arrived at the local garage at 8.15am...I then got a lift home from the garage proprietors dad in my own car since he was passing my door anyway on the road to the MOT testing station at Banchory. I said if it passes drop in past on the way back. Well at 9.30 in about he rolled saying it had passed and no advisory items. I drove him back to the garage paid my £ 54.85 test fee and was away by 9.45am. Well that is what I call good service from a local garage and why I always give work to local people and recommend Alan Sangster aka "bangers" as being a member of the good garage scheme 8)

The next think which pleased me was the fact that I returned my 4 year plus power washer to Costco ( the pump was not switching off when not dispensing water) got a full refund and then proceeded to buy a new Eco one at a net cost to me of less than £ 160 which was less than the cost of the one I returned...plus the new one has a 5 year makers warranty 8)

Quite a few things on this American Independence Day actually....first of all I had the day off. I had booked my car in for its 3rd MOT so I arrived at the local garage at 8.15am...I then got a lift home from the garage proprietors dad in my own car since he was passing my door anyway on the road to the MOT testing station at Banchory. I said if it passes drop in past on the way back. Well at 9.30 in about he rolled saying it had passed and no advisory items. I drove him back to the garage paid my £ 54.85 test fee and was away by 9.45am. Well that is what I call good service from a local garage and why I always give work to local people and recommend Alan Sangster aka "bangers" as being a member of the good garage scheme 8)

The next think which pleased me was the fact that I returned my 4 year plus power washer to Costco ( the pump was not switching off when not dispensing water) got a full refund and then proceeded to buy a new Eco one at a net cost to me of less than £ 160 which was less than the cost of the one I returned...plus the new one has a 5 year makers warranty 8)

Costco must really dread seeing you Bill. your either doing them out of profit or buying something that a year down the line will end up doing former! ;D:police:

edit: Im Guessing you timed this to get your free food that i hear was being offered because it was independence day and that it why you have made reference to it at the start ::)

Edited by and2go

Costco must really dread seeing you Bill. your either doing them out of profit or buying something that a year down the line will end up doing former! ;D:police:

edit: Im Guessing you timed this to get your free food that i hear was being offered because it was independence day and that it why you have made reference to it at the start ::)

Costco are not the only ones who dread seeing me Andrew....I always complain if things don't work properly or break down . Costco normally have food and goods on offer most weekdays but the only way I remembered it was Independence Day was because I missed the works BBQ...mind you it wasn't really a BBQ it was only food done in barbeque sauce etc in the canteen.

Having had new specs just before going on holiday I was most annoyed when I had them knocked of my nose when my tailgate kicked back. Result was a scratch across the operative lens. Today I went off to the opticians to get a replacement lens ordered and guess what...

...they are giving me a FREE replacement lens! 8):-*

(No, Bill, not Costco!)