What really PLEASED you?

1 hour ago, Deere-est said:

The prospect of a ten week booking through Oct/Nov next year. Now that's advance bookings for you! Albeit in the cider pulp which doesn't require much but it's guaranteed 12hrs/day, 5 days a week, home every night. 

That's the sort of booking you need Tris! A lot of my bookings only happen for a few weeks ahead so can be a bit frustrating at times. I am hopeful though that I have work booked for next harvest already plus one of my fellow instructors is packing up so may put some more training courses my way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

You know what it's like Martin, not just the worry of the result, but the organisation and logistics of getting everything in place to do the test.

Yes indeed, although luckily we don't have the uncertainty of the outcome like you guys have further down country. I'm afraid it isn't something that I envy mate. I know how hard we as stockmen work to give our animals the best care possible and to get a disease like that amongst the heard must have been a real kick in the nuts. 

7 hours ago, mb86 said:

Yes indeed, although luckily we don't have the uncertainty of the outcome like you guys have further down country. I'm afraid it isn't something that I envy mate. I know how hard we as stockmen work to give our animals the best care possible and to get a disease like that amongst the heard must have been a real kick in the nuts. 

Your not wrong there mate. We bought 40 stores in from bakewell market and one had leisions on the throat at slaughter.that was what made the whole process start 18 months ago. We are now totally closed. If we have a spare shed we now put a tractor inside instead of going to market.

11 hours ago, Gav836 said:

That's the sort of booking you need Tris! A lot of my bookings only happen for a few weeks ahead so can be a bit frustrating at times. I am hopeful though that I have work booked for next harvest already plus one of my fellow instructors is packing up so may put some more training courses my way. 

It says something when the owner would rather put me on than one of his own drivers, as he can't be trusted! No confirmation until probably July but just to get the nod at this stage is something. Thankfully, I've never had to struggle too much for work but like you, when you're only working a few weeks ahead, you can get a bit shakey!

Be handy for you if there is a client base that needs serving ^-^ 

kimd of sad thing but after ages hunting and various messages etc we have managed to get the grand daughter a hatchimal ,in the colour she was after purple, and best bit as normal price, has come via someone in germany we know and by mistake he got two, so ones been sold already at a 50% mark up ,so way cheaper than others are on ebay/amazon etc, to friends making them happy to 

4 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

kimd of sad thing but after ages hunting and various messages etc we have managed to get the grand daughter a hatchimal ,in the colour she was after purple, and best bit as normal price, has come via someone in germany we know and by mistake he got two, so ones been sold already at a 50% mark up ,so way cheaper than others are on ebay/amazon etc, to friends making them happy to 

A what? 

• Like 2

yeah one of them, no idea exactly what they do after hatching ?? but most are going for 100 quid plus, rrp is arround 59 . shes been after one for a while now bit hardly no one can get them in stock quick enough, apparently it was thought to be a no seller when the shops did their pre ordering, so none really bought to many. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

It's in the barn ready for Christmas Day. I've tried, but I just can't fit in it :-[

Chris I can just picture it now you in the Rolly trailer attatched to the back of that getting a hurl ,,.... big kids and all that ha ha!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mr softie said:

Chris I can just picture it now you in the Rolly trailer attatched to the back of that getting a hurl ,,.... big kids and all that ha ha!

Nowt wrong with being a big kid Brian :laugh:..... as our good friend Ivan said at Penrith when he was enjoying himself with his trailer and my 7000 and doublechop....." i'll grow up when the first shovel of soil hits my coffin lid"  with a grin on his face, and hell that's the best way to look at it.... Lifes short so might as well enjoy it whilst we here :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, mr softie said:

I don't think rolly do a ten ton trailer to take my weight:rolleyes:;D. Don't think the 12v battery will be up to it mate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

i can to brian, doing the noises to i bet ;D;D must think we are all stupid making out he cant fir :rolleyes:

I wish I could fit mate.  Looking forward to him being able to get about under his own power. It breaks my back bending over to push him on his trike.:of

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, simong said:

That my daughter starts an agricultural apprenticeship at Elevden Estates on Monday. Well happy for her. 

They'll keep her busy on there that's for certain. It's one of the farms that I go on as a training instructor. 

• Like 1