What really PLEASED you?

Now Mark those dam busters must have been an amazing squadron too I've seen the old black and white film many times. I think the bursting of thiose dams effectively won the war for us but I recall a lot of lives and planes were lost on the mission.

Balls, Traci is working tomorrow. Every year I say I'll go next year. Again, I forgot all about it. However, late afternoon earlier in the week I was treated to an even rarer sight in the air. . . . . The Avro Vulcan roared over the yard 8) What a site that thing is.

Balls, Traci is working tomorrow. Every year I say I'll go next year. Again, I forgot all about it. However, late afternoon earlier in the week I was treated to an even rarer sight in the air. . . . . The Avro Vulcan roared over the yard 8) What a site that thing is.

have not seen it since they got it flying again tris, but was lucky enough to have seen its last proper dispaly before grounding, and it was one hell of a sight thats for sure ,not as nice as seeing the blackbird spy plane go over at 250 ft, but nearly as

weekend off pleased me :P

but then i was told that i'm pasture topping 120 acres.

so me and two mates are off at 6:00 am tommorow morning on

a john deere 6930 premium and a 6920s and a 6620, it's what happens when you say it's my weekend off infront of your uncle :D>:(:-\

so it was you that did a track invasion in a little black c2  ;D ;D ;D ;D  good job you didnt strip mind

qualifying tomorrow will be even better, oh and the race on sunday. i'm on the early shift of the 2 for the hospitality workers. 200 covers today in the VIP village, 1500 tomorrow and sunday. roll on monday.

qualifying tomorrow will be even better, oh and the race on sunday. i'm on the early shift of the 2 for the hospitality workers. 200 covers today in the VIP village, 1500 tomorrow and sunday. roll on monday.

i went to watch last year was on the 1st corner after the start line. brilliant day then on sunday night i got a auto graph thingy off lewis hamilton.(he's a little fella)

i went to watch last year was on the 1st corner after the start line. brilliant day then on sunday night i got a auto graph thingy off lewis hamilton.(he's a little fella)

watch?! i should be so lucky!!! i'm working at VIP village @ Copse. serving rich people food. 12 hours a day, 5 days in a row.

have not seen it since they got it flying again tris, but was lucky enough to have seen its last proper dispaly before grounding, and it was one hell of a sight thats for sure ,not as nice as seeing the blackbird spy plane go over at 250 ft, but nearly as

I saw it donkeys years ago when Grandad was in the RAF Fire Brigade at Boscombe Down but have not seen it since at an air show. Have seen it go over twice since it was brought back to air worthiness though. I have to say there is no other aircraft that makes me feel genuinely 'scared' .....  it looks so possessive. I know there are a few others grace's of the skies but none for me grace so well as the Vulcan. Although the sound of the Spitfire's is quite a thing to hear mind.

I saw it donkeys years ago when Grandad was in the RAF Fire Brigade at Boscombe Down but have not seen it since at an air show. Have seen it go over twice since it was brought back to air worthiness though. I have to say there is no other aircraft that makes me feel genuinely 'scared' .....  it looks so possessive. I know there are a few others grace's of the skies but none for me grace so well as the Vulcan. Although the sound of the Spitfire's is quite a thing to hear mind.

Vulcan, was OK, great plane as was the Victor.

But we could have done better, far, far better - I was lucky to see this as a kid - Dad was working for building contractors on Salisbury Plain and would be taken up to work on test flight days.  There was nothing like it - it didn't fly, it tore the sky apart.  The first tme I heard and saw it it scared me to death and to tears - once you knew it you then loved it.  A privilege now I realise.

I think that was the subject of discussion once before on here wasn't it? I wish to god I had been around to see that being tested. Grandad saw it miss the runway and had to tow it out of a field!  :laugh: :laugh:

Vulcan, was OK, great plane as was the Victor.

But we could have done better, far, far better - I was lucky to see this as a kid - Dad was working for building contractors on Salisbury Plain and would be taken up to work on test flight days.  There was nothing like it - it didn't fly, it tore the sky apart.  The first tme I heard and saw it it scared me to death and to tears - once you knew it you then loved it.  A privilege now I realise.

spends its days in duxford now steve, and still looks as good even now, 

• 2 weeks later...

After the little wall in the garden decided it would come out along with an old fencepost  ::) we found ourselves needing a few dozen bricks to replace it..... As we drove past a skip hire depo belonging to a friend of Traci's family what was lying in wait? A skip full of rubble and loads of old bricks!! One call to check it was ok and we were swiftly loading up the van with some nice old bricks!! Guess what I am doing tomorrow  ::):laugh:

After the little wall in the garden decided it would come out along with an old fencepost  ::) we found ourselves needing a few dozen bricks to replace it..... As we drove past a skip hire depo belonging to a friend of Traci's family what was lying in wait? A skip full of rubble and loads of old bricks!! One call to check it was ok and we were swiftly loading up the van with some nice old bricks!! Guess what I am doing tomorrow  ::):laugh:

i will take a stab in the dark here tris unloading the van  ;D:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  or shal i phone a freind ?????

50 press ups in the centre of the Spar shop, Westbury, naked but for a bay leaf strategically placed.. and covered in chocolate vermicelli ???

Just a wild guess

waking up hungover on my mates sofa, then watching law abiding citizen playing fifa and chilling the day away in the hot tub. bliss.

Allright for some aint it?>  :laugh: