What really PLEASED you?

I saw a MODEL SHOP - opposite the Turkish restaurant! And yes it is relaxing.  Although I think it is hectic now as there is a  music festival on.  We had to change our arrival date from Thur to Wed as  there were no hotel/B&B rooms available anywhere for Friday night

i live near louth the model shop is called castaline and is an ok model shop but its mainly kits and train stuff

Just had a very nice tractor related surprise that has made my day. A completely out-of-the-blue phonecall from the new owner of the International 5288 that my Dad photographed ploughing just behind where we live with me and my younger brother attendance back in 1990. It's the very same tractor that has recently featured in Classic Tractor and I have just been given the full up to date history on the tractor and it's present condition from new owner Paul Stevenson. He farms not all that far away from where I live further up the north east coast. I can't wait to go and visit the tractor again when I next gain some time off. :) 

I know mate, he's a top bloke though and he supplied the middle quote of three. One was extortionate, the lowest didn't convince us he would do a good job ( the mere mention of having a hose pipe inside the house, above the nicest room of the house didn't erm. .. . wash with us! ) and this chap was really clear with his method and cost. Hopefully this will be the last tradesman job we'll be paying for. At least for a good while yet anyway.  :) :)

I know mate, he's a top bloke though and he supplied the middle quote of three. One was extortionate, the lowest didn't convince us he would do a good job ( the mere mention of having a hose pipe inside the house, above the nicest room of the house didn't erm. .. . wash with us! ) and this chap was really clear with his method and cost. Hopefully this will be the last tradesman job we'll be paying for. At least for a good while yet anyway.  :) :)

glad you got a decent bloke tris

Got my chainsaw back from the dealers tonight, was expecting an expensive bill for carburettor related parts as it was a fuelling fault, instead was a £20 bill for a carb clean and small bit of fuel hose :)

Public sector people are on strike today I think it is? Anyway, No Buses, Bin lorry's to get stuck behind on road and a crowd of lectures standing outside Uni who are just asking for abuse!  ;D 

O well, one day now and again does no harm  ;)

One good deed, Brian  :) I just received a set of Case front wieghts in the post from a generous FTF-er  :)

poor postie,he must have a hernia carrying them tris,how did he get them through the letterbox,or do you have a safe designated area for mail to be left if nobodys in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A certain model related package that arrived in the post today. My Dad's originally very play worn Britains toys, ( a Fordson Super Major and Ford 5000 ) restored back to their former glory. I've never been so excited unrolling bubble wrap. I couldn't think of a better christmas present for him. There was also another little surprise included in the parcel.... a Britains three furrow plough. :)