What really PLEASED you?

14 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

yeah rained here to, for about 4 miniutes max, infact it was bone dry again within 5 mins of it stopping ,and hotter than before it started :mellow:

It did that here this morning Sean but had a few good showers this evening. And just heard a rumble of thunder. 

• Like 2

Just now, mb86 said:

It did that here this morning Sean but had a few good showers this evening. And just heard a rumble of thunder. 

You did Martin, its sat over us, been pissing down for a good half hour nowB)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 844john said:

You did Martin, its sat over us, been pissing down for a good half hour nowB)

I know, I was out in it checking on a couple of cows that have just calved and got soaked, it was great. Apparently there are cars stuck in flood water in Bish Vegas. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mb86 said:

I know, I was out in it checking on a couple of cows that have just calved and got soaked, it was great. Apparently there are cars stuck in flood water in Bish Vegas. 

Doubt they'll still have their wheels on then this morning, no doubt the pit crews off the reservation (woodhouses:ph34r:) will have them tucked away now!:D Finally, a decent nights rain, surely Dr Green should return a little now?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Doubt they'll still have their wheels on then this morning, no doubt the pit crews off the reservation (woodhouses:ph34r:) will have them tucked away now!:D Finally, a decent nights rain, surely Dr Green should return a little now?

That is almost inevitable as well as some double cab trannys with nice new radios :lol:  grass is shooting away now, I can see a hint of green amongst the yellow looking across the fields. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, mb86 said:

That is almost inevitable as well as some double cab trannys with nice new radios :lol:  grass is shooting away now, I can see a hint of green amongst the yellow looking across the fields. 

Yes, it looks that bit fresher doesn't it, our sheep are white again this morning instead of the dirty yellow they've been for the past couple of weeks

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, 844john said:

Yes, it looks that bit fresher doesn't it, our sheep are white again this morning instead of the dirty yellow they've been for the past couple of weeks

Chance of a bit more today apparently, it will do land, stock and  farmer world of good. See a few folk complaining about it on faceslap, struggling not to put them straight, I'm sure they appreciate the food on the table. 

• Like 4

complaining?? The first rain in weeks, do these people look out of their windows, as I've always said, everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinions ;) We popped up to selset  on Saturday, long time since I've seen it as low and the dale as burnt off:(

WP_20180714_13_13_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20180714_15_14_20_Pro.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

have had grey and black sky all day here and still no sodding rain in sight :(

I must be cursed :ph34r:

Trouble is Brian, it'll start and then after a week we'll be wanting it to dry up again! As the.., ahem....., lady of the night said to one of her colleagues after spending an hour "entertaining" a country gentleman,  "farmers are never happy, first it was too dry, then it was too wet,.......and then it was too bloody dear!";)

Edited by 844john
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

went through some rain again on my way up to north devon/cornwall this morn, but way to light and short lived to make any difference, it just burns of the surface where its been  baked dry , doesnt soak in at all , you could see it steaming off up the road a bit further where it had past

• Like 1

Trouble is Brian, it'll start and then after a week we'll be wanting it to dry up again! As the.., ahem....., lady of the night said to one of her colleagues after spending an hour "entertaining" a country gentleman,  "farmers are never happy, first it was too dry, then it was too wet,.......and then it was too bloody dear!";)

I won't ask you how you, ahem, came by that quote. :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

complaining?? The first rain in weeks, do these people look out of their windows, as I've always said, everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinions ;) We popped up to selset  on Saturday, long time since I've seen it as low and the dale as burnt off:(

WP_20180714_13_13_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20180714_15_14_20_Pro.jpg

Hell that's well down john, I keep meaning to have a ride up to Balderhead, our hill ewes look over Hury and that doesn't look particularly low. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mb86 said:
1 hour ago, mb86 said:

I won't ask you how you, ahem, came by that quote. :wacko:

Hell that's well down john, I keep meaning to have a ride up to Balderhead, our hill ewes look over Hury and that doesn't look particularly low. 

I don't think I've seen it as low for a long time, Grassholme looked fairly full so I'm guessing they've let some water through just recently . 

As for that little tail, well.......:o:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

My youngest granddaughter was up farm today when I called in to refill the tractor Ella and her mum come over to say hello , now Ella is only 2 years old and she knows the difference between the tractor and a teleporter anyway she goes a bit shy with me but her mum was getting her to tell me about my son ,Ella's father as last night he was on ebay bidding on JOAL TX 34 New Holland Combines as she wants one as that is what her granddad (me) has got well he was outbid 3 times last night then he called her over to look as he thought he had found one more ,well it was yellow and it was a combine but she soon told him it was wrong so he  said he would look again tonight . Well I have a few of them as if I see one I normally have to go and buy it if I am at a toyfair so of I went to my secret store and got one out and put it in a bag and went back around the farm as she was then feeding the chickens I called her to say I had a present for her well you should have seen her face when she saw what it was her mum was screaming with joy as well , Ella forgot about being shy she gave me a high 5 just had some pictures come though she has cut the lounge carpet a dozen times tonight bless her . cant believe I give one of my prized models away think I had better go and lay down for a while , thinking about its a excuse to nip away to toyfair and get a replacement :D      

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, smithy said:

My youngest granddaughter was up farm today when I called in to refill the tractor Ella and her mum come over to say hello , now Ella is only 2 years old and she knows the difference between the tractor and a teleporter anyway she goes a bit shy with me but her mum was getting her to tell me about my son ,Ella's father as last night he was on ebay bidding on JOAL TX 34 New Holland Combines as she wants one as that is what her granddad (me) has got well he was outbid 3 times last night then he called her over to look as he thought he had found one more ,well it was yellow and it was a combine but she soon told him it was wrong so he  said he would look again tonight . Well I have a few of them as if I see one I normally have to go and buy it if I am at a toyfair so of I went to my secret store and got one out and put it in a bag and went back around the farm as she was then feeding the chickens I called her to say I had a present for her well you should have seen her face when she saw what it was her mum was screaming with joy as well , Ella forgot about being shy she gave me a high 5 just had some pictures come though she has cut the lounge carpet a dozen times tonight bless her . cant believe I give one of my prized models away think I had better go and lay down for a while , thinking about its a excuse to nip away to toyfair and get a replacement :D      

sounds like it will be well looked after :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smithy said:

Always new your were a top bloke Smithy. Now we are getting harvest wrapped up, I will pop over and see you soon mate, it’s been a while.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...