Whats on your workbench???

what link was that joe??? not seen anything from you that I can recall

Sent you a PM on the 7th Sean,I've re-sent it,but might as well just paste it in here now, :laugh:  http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-63788397/21247-Motorblokje-...html

just noticed there's a radiator to go with that,http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-63792009/21248-Radiateur-klein-1:32.html the biggest problem buying from Henry is the €17.00 postage, :-

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3
  • Like 1

got a bit more on the bulk body done, the rams made and in a test position .have made a bit of a mis calculation on it, in the last pic it is effectively at its max tip angle, I could poss get another 3 cm into the ram if I make another, have the parts to, but I think I will leave it as this, as I doubt it will ever need to go higher/steeper anyway, next steps to find a suitable donkey engine for it, and get that fitted along with the hydraulic tank and pump etc on the plate at the front before I can look at paint again and fix it all in

P1010952_zps49ddb3fb.jpg

what about using an engine from a britains dumper
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found some time to make some changes to my little 575... Shortened it a bit more; and it now has the dimensions of the real deal!

99718E32-4C8A-42A9-B940-7CDBBD055D42_zps

Now I will need some time to fill everything with putty, and I'm still not happy with the rear wheels. I was thinking of the MF 65 High Crop from Scaledown, those are nice and small, and have a good rim if you ask me. The problem is; where can I buy them... :D

Edited by N. van Eekelen
  • Like 1

try direct from nigel at scaledown, I have bought loads of wheels of him for builds no problem , other optin to get the uh look hubs would be these ,they can be fitted either way round, as you need to make the axel mount for them, they come with a small mark for the center pojnt for you ,so its easy enough to do

http://www.artisan32.com/product.php?id_product=246

Thanks lads! 

Everything is in the putty right now, so I hope to sand it down tonight or tomorrow.

@Sean: Thanks for the link to the PMA wheels! They are a bit like MF 1200 rims and wheels; aren't they? I would like to have a tyre that is narrower, I also thought about the rims of the David Brown 990 from Scaledown, just looks really good. 

This was the 575 I took the measurements of (with long mudguards; mine is getting the short ones.  ;D )

E77C97DF-A7A6-4EDD-AFF0-B9FDC83034C9_zps

Edited by N. van Eekelen

You could potentially use the uh tyre on the rims from artisan 32 mate seeing as they are resin they sand down ok, think I have a pair in the shed which I lost the tyres to ??? Or something like that so I can check and see if they fit , other option would maybe be the older britains 595 hubs , maybe two of them without the axel hole so it's just like the uh finish with uh tyres

• Like 1

Sounds good Sean, I'm really in doubt of what I'm going to do...

I tried the 65 High Crop wheels on it; and I must say; it really looks cool. The width of the tyre is excactly what I want, the only thing is that the rim isn't the same as on the 500 series. But on the other hand; there where a lot of farmers who equipped they're 500 with self-made rims or from an older type I guess...

BDA3886C-4457-41CF-B453-42ED14DC5BF3_zps

• Like 2

really want to get back to it, but sadly Wednesday sees the temp removal of my workbench as the garden gets re done ,so every things going into the garage for a few weeks (hopefully) while a new retaining wall gets put up ,along with new power pipe   

Done a few bits on the step frame trailer for the Man lorry i sprayed up :)

Not great pictures as they were taken on my phone sorry all!

Warning signs and lights ive made for it

post-1203-0-51972200-1400962903_thumb.jp

The trailer, still have to complete the rear and front stands, wooden floor and cross beams and a bar so i can attach it to the fifth wheel

post-1203-0-83730400-1400963143_thumb.jp

post-1203-0-35623700-1400963242_thumb.jp

Side box's for straps and ramps, made to open and shut

post-1203-0-95569500-1400963495_thumb.jp

post-1203-0-91881500-1400963362_thumb.jp

post-1203-0-82617200-1400963595_thumb.jp

• Like 4