Whats on your workbench???

That looks very nice! Lot of hours must have gone into that model. Does the levelling work like on the real thing?

If I could have a little criticism I'd say the cab glass and layout are New Holland? The glass is much more curved than on the Vista. Other than that well done. I see the stairs are seperate and you have to weld them on yourself?

• Like 1

That looks very nice! Lot of hours must have gone into that model. Does the levelling work like on the real thing?

If I could have a little criticism I'd say the cab glass and layout are New Holland? The glass is much more curved than on the Vista. Other than that well done. I see the stairs are seperate and you have to weld them on yourself?

no the leveling dose not work , yes nh cab , could not find a good cab to use to keep the costs down , did not justify breaking a claas up , i used the nh axle hubs for the rear axle , no steps are cut out of mesh , but fitted loosed as they will get bend in the packing of the model.

dave

John Deere 2140 from ertl chassis, just awaiting decals, scania t cab, scania 143m Britain's 3650 will be here on Monday to get the works, attic bulk tipper

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

not on my normal workbench as that's still being used for work in the garden, but on my portable(big pansy  go indoors when its cold board )
managed to get my pma trailer kit assembled/test built, have gone for smaller uh vanto wheels on it, the ones it came with were to big, not decided on colour yet, but it will have a set of removable grain extensions built for it, more than likely  wooden ones with metal frame ,the rear lower panel will get a grain door  with rubber shoot so it can still drop when required .the kit is very well made, and scales to a 7/8 ton trailer , it appears to be 3 d printed as I can not see any resin over runs etc on it , the ram will be altered to a more uk looking one, as its not supplied with a working ram, and the one that is is a much more euro spec one ,very short multi stage that pushed up backwards as ,not decided on whether I will buy the hay extensions and ladders yet, but the bed has the holes for them , so it would make a very nice multi use trailer on the layout
P1010973_zps7c3495ce.jpg
P1010977_zpsa9123d05.jpg
P1010978_zpsd058238a.jpg
P1010979_zps76f6b180.jpg
P1010980_zps876fac0c.jpg
P1010981_zpsbe997357.jpg

• Like 4

joe  its not a rough finish, but it is ever so slightly pitted, the holes etc are all in place and ?? well it looks printed to me . only way I could see it done looking at the detail on the parts, like the handbrake lever

its a very nice kit actually Robert, tad European, well its French, but not a lot of work required to get it more uk looking, ,had a real good look and it was to much to get a wooden floor and sides, ,but as you say with a bit of sanding you could make it a close weeks  . I may well get another at Zwolle but get a second axel for it   

• 4 weeks later...

not on my normal workbench as that's still being used for work in the garden, but on my portable(big pansy  go indoors when its cold board )

managed to get my pma trailer kit assembled/test built, have gone for smaller uh vanto wheels on it, the ones it came with were to big, not decided on colour yet, but it will have a set of removable grain extensions built for it, more than likely  wooden ones with metal frame ,the rear lower panel will get a grain door  with rubber shoot so it can still drop when required .the kit is very well made, and scales to a 7/8 ton trailer , it appears to be 3 d printed as I can not see any resin over runs etc on it , the ram will be altered to a more uk looking one, as its not supplied with a working ram, and the one that is is a much more euro spec one ,very short multi stage that pushed up backwards as ,not decided on whether I will buy the hay extensions and ladders yet, but the bed has the holes for them , so it would make a very nice multi use trailer on the layoutP1010973_zps7c3495ce.jpgP1010977_zpsa9123d05.jpgP1010978_zpsd058238a.jpgP1010979_zps76f6b180.jpgP1010980_zps876fac0c.jpgP1010981_zpsbe997357.jpg

I have had a slurrykat front reel 3d printed and would advise rubbing down before primer and then your desired top coat