Whats on your workbench???

10 minutes ago, paulali said:

did you do the cab yourself Martin?

I stuck it all together Paul.  The cab and floor pan are cast resin from dave towse, I had to take a bit of material off the mudguards and floor. The seat, controlls ,steering wheel etc are from the original q cab marge. 

10 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I stuck it all together Paul.  The cab and floor pan are cast resin from dave towse, I had to take a bit of material off the mudguards and floor. The seat, controlls ,steering wheel etc are from the original q cab marge. 

well a cracking job Martin

This xmas big modelling project is the farm yard..........................Ive been short changing you guys for far too long;D...........so heres the first pics with the framework built and MDF base mostly in position.   It should measure 3 metres in length and about 900mm width, with two open tractor sheds at one end and a trailer and implement park at the other end!

Ive glued down brown sandpaper to create a T junction style road............................the centre road runs through the farm and would lead through to an imaginary AD Plant.

With tracks running of it to the two machinery parks..............................Im making the sheds next ,followed by landscaping, grass and trees..............I will keep the updates on this thread.

Dec 2015 010.JPG

Dec 2015 014.JPG

• Like 3

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2015‎ ‎00‎:‎37‎:‎37, Coxy said:

I use Solidworks, because that is what I have learned in university. Then have a range of CNC machine to do the rest

coxy, where did you get your package from? is it the full blown premium version?

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎13‎:‎13‎:‎47, alpinefocus said:

coxy, where did you get your package from? is it the full blown premium version?

I have a package that I got with a coarse I did. It not the full premium version as that costs something like £4000. But it has everything that I need for model designing

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

Nice job Martin

This is what I'm doing at the moment>:D it's not fixed onto the tractor at the moment

IMGP1443.thumb.JPG.80de2dc8c58483019ecdd

you have beaten me to it Mark,looks good,how are you going to fix it to the fastrac mate,and please stop putting up pictures of the fastrac,i cant take it anymore;)

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎09‎:‎47‎:‎28, mb86 said:

Put this together last night, I'd have liked to build it from brass but I found out I need a lot more practice!  Just need some sun to get a bit of paint on. 

That's a lovely front coil press Martin,wish I could build something like that in an evening

Well Ive virtually finished the two machinery sheds and today built the ramp up into them:)..............................Im not 100% happy with my work around the large window into the harvester /baler shed so will give that some more thought.  The rest is fine.

Ive bought a 7kg bag of plaster to create a landscape all over the diorama and got other materials coming so I can really progress it over the xmas break:laugh:

ps  .........I had to move some machines into the sheds as they've got no place else to live:'(;D

Dec 13 - 2015 005.JPG

Dec 13 - 2015 006.JPG

Dec 13 - 2015 007.JPG

Dec 13 - 2015 008.JPG