Whats on your workbench???

2 hours ago, MadMark said:

Your not hanging around with this build James, looking good so far

The beauty of a laser cutter, total cut time for the entire model was 30 minutes so got two more cut out before running out of material, stocking up on laser cut parts as I leave college next Monday so will no longer be able to use it. 

Liking the 1/16th convos by the way, too delicate for me to attempt.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

been tinkering with the almer today, only minor bits mind as need to source some small pully type wheels,

also stared a new front loader for ash tree, will need to order a new mf 80 loader from perfect 32 as i want to keep my 575 to, aim is to be a mf290 with delux duncan cab fitted as we had on the real ash tree, plenty left to do mind, but am happy with the basic cab side profile,should be i have cut about 6 of them so far.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

yeah cabs cut by hand, have a good basic shape now plus what you cant see is the angles at the top to,from front on, so the next step is to cut again froma thicker  sheet which hopefully will alow me to have opening / removable doors , have considered making the top half removable to,as per the real one, but suspect that may be a step to far, to be homest we never removed it on the real one anyway,just doors of in the summer 

Removable doors would be a nice feature. Making the cab removable might make yourself a lot of work getting it all strong enough when separated, seems unnecessary if you aren't going to use the feature. 

making the two halfs would be ok, its the joining them which would be hard, i doubt it will be made from anything ticker than 2mm sheet ,its only a .5 mm template right now ,i would have a hell of a job making the lugs etc to do it i think, especially where the front screen meets the lower window section,as that stays on the tractor when the tops detached 

22 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

making the two halfs would be ok, its the joining them which would be hard, i doubt it will be made from anything ticker than 2mm sheet ,its only a .5 mm template right now ,i would have a hell of a job making the lugs etc to do it i think, especially where the front screen meets the lower window section,as that stays on the tractor when the tops detached 

Could it be done with a pin in each corner instead?

• 3 months later...

Finally got round to tackling this convo...................UH  Puma 240 meets up with Britains puma 225 bonnet..................and whadya know it fits perfectly;D

I started taking the whole thing to bits after this photo as both paint colours were wrong...................Ive finished the respray job and it looking good, I will start a thread in the convo section on the weekend with more details.

oct nov 2016 t7225 100.JPG

• Like 3

Actually the cab is pretty good Paul, more accurate than I gave it credit for, although its currently in bits and pieces.   The new roof is excellent as are the rear fenders, wheels and softer tyres.   Its just that awful UH bonnet that ruined the model.   Also UH haven't fitted the screw that secures the front of the cab onto the engine casing under the bonnet. This missing screw will pull the cab down at least 3mm and improve the look even more.  A respray of all red parts with official CASE paint and all new 240 decals etc on the way from Henry and she should look decent:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2015 at 7:01 PM, Tractorman810 said:

had a bit of free time today, so managed to get the ford 5000 glazed, need to redo the front screen again mind as the hump at the bottom has a gap ,just need to get some glue Saturday to final fix them

P1030148_zpsq0k82fkl.jpg

P1030146_zpssaq6qncq.jpg

P1030147_zps98ealazt.jpg

P1030151_zpsjtsbsviq.jpg

P1030152_zpscb9f5tm6.jpg

Sean,im bumping this topic as i cant seem to message you,what parts have you used for this great ford 5000 convo,im assuming the chassis and wheels are the uh ford 5000 and the cab and mudguards britains?

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 1

all uh bar the cab and arches, bonnet is uh to,just reworked to loose the grills on it, its certainly not an easy one to do, the arches take some serious reworking to fit the uh chassis took me a couple of attempts to get it right,luckly my spares  box had a good few pairs in it 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

all uh bar the cab and arches, bonnet is uh to,just reworked to loose the grills on it, its certainly not an easy one to do, the arches take some serious reworking to fit the uh chassis took me a couple of attempts to get it right,luckly my spares  box had a good few pairs in it 

thanks Sean,so cab and mudguards britains then,they must be

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

That's a beauty of a 5000 Sean ,, should try a 7000 using the same reworking . Real class work ..

57 minutes ago, Pete said:

Looking amazing, is it card?

Yes it is Pete, most of the structure is 1.5mm mount board which is roughly the same strength as plastic would be, then any detailing is cereal card. I will hopefully get some of these built up soon as I have the parts to make 6.

• Like 3