Whats on your workbench???

1 minute ago, alf aphid said:

Nice work Stan what era is it from? 80’s?

Late 70s to mid 80s.

There was a facelift in the early 80s and the kit contains both the original grille and the facelift grille.

I've gone with the early grille as it is for a late 70s dio with a Hino HH tractor and lowloader, with JCB 3C and 5C excavators.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Sg2 yellow roof. Judging on what’s in the background you are creating one of the tractors run by that lincs contractor who’s name escapes me 

Leech, first name is possibly David but can't remember for certain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

had a play with the trailer again today,new fixing method, but not sure it will work, but then got distracted and started this, plans for it to be the tractor for the new sprayer set to mount on,, well for now, will be a 3050 when done, nothings perm fixed yet,just sizing and cutting, i know the chassis is wrong ,its a scrap mf 398 i have had for ages, but being shorter with no cutting is also a lot stronger , got it with a bust cab, the 3080 parts of a broken one i aquired for at the time making larger into a 3600 of some sorts, need to make a set of new steps , i may also swap the wheels to a narrow set, but all the ones i have are way to big diameter wise, and i as yet havnt found a set that suits .rear linkage is pma 32 set,with new cat 2 arms, fronts of a uh zetor frontera was they ?? but the shape of the arms matches all the 3000’s i have found with front linkages perfectly, hunts on now for a couple of good adjustable top links, preff weise ones as they are clip on,and adjustable lenght wise ,makes the fitting easier for the tanks  

CA6A3DC9-0050-447A-8039-6600A2B772C3.jpeg

B07C5AB9-AE35-4C83-8AB0-9785CD3E8FFB.jpeg

A0F5A2B5-F060-48EC-B7FE-C0D870421126.jpeg

BF058124-64ED-4CBD-B177-E6D7A2FEA853.jpeg

• Like 5

I remember buying a pair of ROS MF 3050s from TNS back in 1988 I think and when I looked into it I read that the 3050 wasn't going to be available in the UK, so I changed the decals (very badly) to 3060.  Maybe I was misinformed.   Always thought the 3060s cab was half the size of the whole tractor!!

That's the Toyota Dyna complete.

Lots of niggly little details done today, from the wipers (broke both of them removing them from the sprue) to the mirrors (all worked first time - surprisingly) to solving why the cab wouldn't sit straight (air intake incorrectly positioned on first day of build).

Going to build the Hino ZM 6x4 tipper with the same solour scheme, but there are a lot of other projects ahead of it in the queue.

20180826_184910.jpg

20180826_184937.jpg

20180826_185035.jpg

20180826_191317.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I remember buying a pair of ROS MF 3050s from TNS back in 1988 I think and when I looked into it I read that the 3050 wasn't going to be available in the UK, so I changed the decals (very badly) to 3060.  Maybe I was misinformed.   Always thought the 3060s cab was half the size of the whole tractor!!

Yes they did look out of proportion, were very pleasant for their time, in relation to the competition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirely said:

Scaledown Fordson Dexta Tractor

Almost there but off-course I have discovered missing parts, two rear steering arms, so work is suspended until replacements are obtained.

IMG_4375.thumb.JPG.db23bf77e50f87ababa7fc4fe9aada40.JPG

This made me visit the scaledown website today. Could shed a few £k there!!

• Like 3

Made this little fella for my Dad a few years ago. It's a great model and is right in every way. I just don't get that with the Scaledown Major somehow...

Dad bought the real thing back in 1958 and she now resides in my barn!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, timf said:

Made this little fella for my Dad a few years ago. It's a great model and is right in every way. I just don't get that with the Scaledown Major somehow...

Dad bought the real thing back in 1958 and she now resides in my barn!

Lucky you

• Like 1

Thanks Kirely. Yes very lucky. Learned to drive on her in about 1975. She’s a member of the family. Strange how you get so attached to a machine. Dad comes over and goes and talks to her! Just shows how farming gets under our skin.

• Like 3