Whats on your workbench???

36 minutes ago, 844john said:

Not starting anything else until you've cleared your bench.........what sort of talk is that Alastair?:D Trailer is looking very well, just wondering where you got the mesh from?, the grill on the Muir Hill is made from mesh and that looks about right for the job

Ha ha thanks John. Yes I need to focus!! 

I cant remember where the mesh was from now, I’ll have a look back and let you know, I remember the discussion, but can’t remember which one I used in the end! 

would say the mesh  the same as i use  so car body repair fibre glass mesh, i have used it on my mf200 and a few other bits in the past 

looking good alister ,the silage sides look overly big, but thats how mf made them, i did a tripple check on the dimensions when i did mine as it looked to big ,and i do tend to missmeassure every now and then :wacko:

40 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

would say the mesh  the same as i use  so car body repair fibre glass mesh, i have used it on my mf200 and a few other bits in the past 

looking good alister ,the silage sides look overly big, but thats how mf made them, i did a tripple check on the dimensions when i did mine as it looked to big ,and i do tend to missmeassure every now and then :wacko:

Yes Sean I think it was just the car repair mesh I used in the end. I know I looked for other options at the time but don’t think there was much about. Yes mesh sides were very deep 

Thanks chaps, would never have thought of that until you mentioned it, might be worth a trip to Halfords as I only need a little bit, then again, it does look like it might come in useful for other builds.....;)

5 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks chaps, would never have thought of that until you mentioned it, might be worth a trip to Halfords as I only need a little bit, then again, it does look like it might come in useful for other builds.....;)

It’s the same stuff I used on the rear engine cover on the matbro if you want to see it in another application. There is not much on the market, well at least there wasn’t when I started the research. 

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Looking very well Alastair, you look to have gotten the body really square and neat

Thanks John, that’s the benefit of distance and photography !! Ah it’s not too bad challenge is getting silage sides strong enough whilst keeping realism. 

Undercoat shortly, might even get back onto matbro later!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Looking good alister , have to say the massey red (dealer ones) is one of the easiest colours i have used to date, i just warm it in abucket of hot water, it always goes on really well for me 

Hi Sean. I think mine is Krampe paint if I recall correctly. Thanks for the tip, never tried warming before 

cheers 

2 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Hi Sean. I think mine is Krampe paint if I recall correctly. Thanks for the tip, never tried warming before 

cheers 

ah could be the difference, mf stuff has never let me down, infact the dealer paints all seem good, bar yellow,i hate that one, jd mf or nh so far none have gone well for me. as for warming, i think i saw that tip in a post from peter hardy way back, i did weight it down mind,so the whole can warmed up, but you could tell the difference, the spray seemed finer and easier to work with, prob ten mins worth and a good shake at the start and again before you use it,works for me anyway 

Just now, Tractorman810 said:

ah could be the difference, mf stuff has never let me down, infact the dealer paimts all seem good, bar yellow,i hate that one, jd mf or nh so far none have fone well for me. as for warming, i think i saw that tip in a post from peter hardy way back, i did weight it down mind,so the whole can warmed up, but you could tell the difference, the spray seemed finer and easier to work with, prob ten mins worth and a good shake at the start and again before you use it,works for me anyway 

Thanks Sean. I must say I always find the Halfords paints pretty good, but of course difficult to always get the right match. 

Will try that warming method!

18 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

ah could be the difference, mf stuff has never let me down, infact the dealer paints all seem good, bar yellow,i hate that one, jd mf or nh so far none have gone well for me. as for warming, i think i saw that tip in a post from peter hardy way back, i did weight it down mind,so the whole can warmed up, but you could tell the difference, the spray seemed finer and easier to work with, prob ten mins worth and a good shake at the start and again before you use it,works for me anyway 

Treated to a stint on the Rayburn this morning! Will report on the outcome ;-)

David Brown 990 

Making steady progress but was surprised at the amount I had to file off the top of the fuel tank to get the bonnet to sit true.  Stuck at the moment on where the hydraulic pipe/ spool valve lever goes.

IMG_5964.thumb.JPG.485a096bfe13e1dcc3f7e75c165a9434.JPG

IMG_5965.thumb.JPG.545ce27174a1c55f844ca721c3ee210e.JPG

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Puff of Logic said:

Look like twins on brothers , lessons need learned about messing with live machinery , & advice about PTO guards given . 

I take it the one on the left will be piloting the 990 ,  well , he is wearing the correct trousers . 

Well you know what brothers are like, they are fighting over it.