Whats on your workbench???

• 2 weeks later...

little tinkering today on my second uh mf590 i bought, fitted a 3 pint linkage to her, with tempory 9 hole spreader as i have lost my spare pma one somewhere?? next step is the doors which will need a little more work than i thought to get working, but i think they are workable ,also removed the reflectors and plough lamp as i dont remember ours being square, pretty sure we had a round 135 style one fitted to our 500's

needs a little filing and touching up on the area above the pto guard to

003-27.jpg

005-24.jpg

004-23.jpg

the top guard for the origonal tow eye/piun mate, so the trailer doesnt pop upwards

just been looking at the chassis actually, i recon i can cut and shut for a 2wd one to, bonnets the only major issue then, will need a lot of cutting and reshaping to get the side pannels up front to the right size and shape

i was wondering how hard it would be to convert it to a grey cabbed 2wd and i don't know if the bonnet is shorter

the plough lamp on our 590 at the farm is round in the spec i want to make

oh yeah and on my workbench is my 3680 waiting for paint a 6290 waiting for a chassis and the shell of an 800t grainstore 

well I am no expert... but the 590 4wd is longer than the 2wd... the extra length is taken up by the longer, beefier front tombstine casting which the axle mates to... so the bonnet is longer... by about 6" at a guess... will confirm shortly... and for that reason the side panels are much deeper which will require cutting down and re-shaping as Sean so rightly says

thanks marky but if i need to cut down the bonnet i think i will leave it as a 4wd for now as i'm no conversion expert

You admit to not being a conversion expert but at some point you are going to have to get the hang of it. get the tractor and hacksaw and have a go you will suprise your self ;) . I chopped $70 of models up with not much idea and pulled of a nice looking model. :)

You admit to not being a conversion expert but at some point you are going to have to get the hang of it. get the tractor and hacksaw and have a go you will suprise your self ;) . I chopped $70 of models up with not much idea and pulled of a nice looking model. :)

yeah i'm learning i've got a massey 3680 waiting for some paint and a 6290 with no chassis but i'll have one soon 

fixing up a Britains manure spreader: Missing a drive cog 

Bamfords BL58 Baler: needs a new rubber band and tail board 

a MF362 undergoing cosmetic improvements,

the beginnings of a contractor firm, for smallholdings

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

A little project for my collection

Hey that looks very similar to the one on my breakfast bar at the moment :)  Mine is on a Britains tw 20 base that is seriously modified. I guess yours is an Ertl the wheels and air cleaner are the same what have you used for the front axel. I am custom building mine?

• 2 weeks later...