Whats on your workbench???

Just now, MadMark said:

Thanks James, thinking of doing this with a lime spreader body on it. I had thought about doing a MB-Trac version but I'd rather cut up a £20 model than a £50-60 one.

Sounds like a plan, hoping to attempt the Knight sprayer one myself if I find the time

23 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

That looks great Barry, don't suppose you know if its acrylic or plasticard/styrene and I how its been cut, laser or CNC router or something else?

Most of the euro guys do cnc cut plasti card for this thing James ,my cage wheels were the same, very easy to make , very few bits need cleaning up bar the sprog lugs and cut properly you don't even have to sort them 

• Like 1

Cheers Sean, thought it might be, largely as you can't laser cut styrene.

On my bench I've been trying out a few new squash moulds. Scania Topline roof pod and T cab bonnet. They've come out well but I need to refine the mould a little more to avoid a few air bubbles. Both of these parts should come in handy for some of my own builds and builds for customers.

102_2806.thumb.JPG.504a691306da6f936ccc8

• Like 1

On 3/12/2016 at 5:14 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

That looks great Barry, don't suppose you know if its acrylic or plasticard/styrene and I how its been cut, laser or CNC router or something else?

It is CNC routered plasticard sheet.

As Sean has said, cut out the parts and glue together after a little bit of clean and sand where its been cut off.

The instructions are so easy to follow, and I have to say I am very impressed with how it all goes together, I might even buy another one of these, and Iv'e got my eye on others for the future.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Barry said:

It is CNC routered plasticard sheet.

As Sean has said, cut out the parts and glue together after a little bit of clean and sand where its been cut off.

The instructions are so easy to follow, and I have to say I am very impressed with how it all goes together, I might even buy another one of these, and Iv'e got my eye on others for the future.

Super, thanks

Been doing abit of reading up on CNC routers and there looking like a good option for when I loose access to colleges laser cutter this summer. Cheaper, simpler and able to cut plasticard along with having a certain level of 3D ability 

21 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I have waited a long time for UH too make some of these style wheels, which I removed from an Arion 540...........They are perfect replicas for an MF6400 model....................early days and plenty of parts to change, but you can see the potential:)

mf7499 pics etc 002.JPG

do you have a 540, without wheels for sale?

• 3 weeks later...