Whats on your workbench???

14 hours ago, GPS said:

Just back from a weeks holiday in Snowdonia. Took the Autodrome County and managed to get a bit done between storms!

5E104947-0E20-489B-8B32-09725326EDFF.jpeg

Well done Gavin, coming along! I got the transfers sorted from Henri but they were really brittle and fell apart due to the age I guess, he’s sending me some more so fingers crossed! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had another go at weathering. I wanted to make this UH major look like it had been sat in the hedge for a few years so bits missing and bent and attempted to have different shades as though parts had been replaced but think it looks more like it's been in the sea. Not happy with the results. I'm having trouble getting the rust pigments to stick to the paint. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

looking good martin, its something i ant to try, but never really managed yet, i have been watching a few vids on youtube, and one guy in particular ,who uses nothing but mig paints and pigments , he seems to make it look so easy , but the finishes he  gets are amazing 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

looking good martin, its something i ant to try, but never really managed yet, i have been watching a few vids on youtube, and one guy in particular ,who uses nothing but mig paints and pigments , he seems to make it look so easy , but the finishes he  gets are amazing 

Cheers Sean. I've watched a few weathering videos and they all make it look easy!

6 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

I find if you give it a coat of Matt varnish is sticks really well or if you sand the glossy finish off the paint. It takes a lot of trial and error, also i think darkish blue is really hard to weather abit like red :) 

Cheers for that Ted. I'll give the varnish a go. 

Edited by mb86
  • Like 1

i done this church ruin Martin,,it does depend what colour is underneath the weathering colour,this is my first attempt,with it out being a farm model,but as you say youtube is very handy,but even before you weather,you have primers ,base coat,washes,filters,pin washing,it is an art on its own

IMG_3469.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Palmer said:

i done this church ruin Martin,,it does depend what colour is underneath the weathering colour,this is my first attempt,with it out being a farm model,but as you say youtube is very handy,but even before you weather,you have primers ,base coat,washes,filters,pin washing,it is an art on its own

IMG_3469.JPG

Very effective weathering there Paul. It might have been easier if the major was completely resprayed with a rust colour then built the layers on that. I tried the matte varnish method that Ted suggested and it seems to have adhered to that better, still not particularly happy with how it looks but it'll do as an early attempt. I'll post photos up when it's back together. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Very effective weathering there Paul. It might have been easier if the major was completely resprayed with a rust colour then built the layers on that. I tried the matte varnish method that Ted suggested and it seems to have adhered to that better, still not particularly happy with how it looks but it'll do as an early attempt. I'll post photos up when it's back together. 

nice one Martin,look forward to seeing it,im not completely happy with the ruin Martin,practice needed I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Nice little trailer Sean. Must admit I bought a few of those fergy trailers to convert too, more on my to do list !!

they certainly have a good few options in them, i may yet buy another one  and paint it in blue ,maybe a ransome version