Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

I got a text last night saying "The Fergie" was ready for collection and when was I coming down for it 8) ....once I get this one I will have all the tractor related figurines from 1991 to date....except for the Threshing Mill a limited edition of 600 issued in 2000 for £ 2,000....but to be honest it is a huge figurine and unless I got it at 1/4 of that price....I have heard some go for that....I don't think it will be one for me.....I mean I would need to build another shed and get a display case to display a model of that size ;D ;D

Anyway I have the limited edition picture of it (also 600) and the folks have one as well so in the short term that will do me.

Here are some photos of one in a display case which is only a few miles away from me

Misc090708001.jpg

Misc090708002.jpg

Misc090708003.jpg

Misc090708004.jpg

Misc090708005.jpg

Have just purchased this study from eBay, hope I've not deprived anyone on the Forum if you were watching it! The seller just gave it a search title of 'BFA' and just a very breif description, he says that it's with all original packaging and is number 792 of the limited 2000 peices made, he doesn't say if the certificate is present but I'm hoping it is seeing the tractor is in its box. I think it was a reasonable buy at under £210.

Bill, I've sent you a PM.

post-806-0-85011200-1339504886_thumb.jpg

As i said Tim if not broken and or repaired and it has original box and certificate good deal...well you actually stole it ;D ;D

They came out in 2000 and the RRP was £ 450. I saw two sold at auction that year and each made £ 1,000. Someone made a tidy and quick profit 8)

Well Bill, this one will not be for me to make a profit, it will be joining the few others that I have. I don't think that it will be worth any less than what it cost me, even when times are hard, I like to regard it as more of an investment.

I only started collecting BFA in July 1997 with the year 7 Nuffield 3 called "Turing With Care"...now almost 15 years on I have managed to collect all the BFA tractors to date....last night I collected and paid for the last one which was eluding my collection from a member on here who had a contact for one for sale and who has an amazing collection of older Britain's which made me think...I have still a challenge in collecting Britain's now my BFA collection is up to date ;D ;D

Anyway back on topic

P1020277.jpg

P1020278.jpg

P1020279.jpg

P1020280.jpg

Another two Border Fine Arts tractors to be issued shortly

B1383 " Logs for sale" a classic limited edition of 600

Logs_For_Sale_4fc8ac339ce35.gif

A23905 " Summer Crop" a studio edition

Summer_Crop_4fc9dac182f2d.gif

Edited by BC

Another will be an MF35 with linkbox with a chap repairing a couple of wooden sheep feed troughs entitled 'Repairs Required'. These tractor studies look a little smaller than the norm and it also looks that the figures in them are a little out of proportion to the tractors, unless they were modelled on very tall men.

I have that one Tim and I would say it is 1/32 scale. I compared the rear wheels to my Britain's MF135 to ity and I would say they are the same size. He does look a tall chap standing at 56mm high. If my arithmetic is correct I would say in real life he would be in the region of 5 foot 10-1/2 inches...so yes he is fairly tall ;D ;D

P1000985.jpg

P1020308.jpg

Aren't the Britains figures 52mm Bill? If the tractor is roughly 1:32 then this would explain why the figure looks a little too tall. I was more interested in the David Brown 880 one 'Summer Crop' and am contemplating ordering this study, in the little catalogue of the new releases I received yesterday from Grays it give a measurement of 9.5cm in height which I assume is the overall including the base and would suggest the tractor being roughly to 1:32 scale. Reasonable price too.

I must check on the height of Britain's figures the next time I'm up in the loft Tim.Yes the price of "Essential Repairs" is not bad at the RRP of £ 79.95. I get a 10% discount of that from the Posthorn since I will be buying Logs for sale at the same time. I'm taking discount on it as well instead of a free "Repairs required" since I don't want any more duplicates ;D ;D

Edited by BC

Grays are giving a 10% discount as well Bill for orders over £50 placed in June to celebrate their 90th birthday so if I can wangle it I may purchase both 'Summer Crop' and 'Repairs Required', I will ring Grays and ask them to give me the 10% on both, treating as two seperate orders which would total 20% which is how it should be.

Hey Bill, that must be a good feeling to have the collection compleet, and what a nice one to find to smashing little Fergie.

Erik

I always had the wish to get the complete collection Erik but I wasn't going to pay silly money to do so. I managed to pick up 3 at reasonable prices in Fofar at an auction sale of models and tractors earlier this year. Then I got a text from the auctioneer Pentland500 on here saying he had been offered the Fergie and was I interested. Before making an offer I started searching to see what the current market prices were. Whilst doing so I stumbled on a New Technology for sale and managed to make a deal on that one. So all in all the Fergie came to me and I did not have to go looking for it ;D ;D

Grays are giving a 10% discount as well Bill for orders over £50 placed in June to celebrate their 90th birthday so if I can wangle it I may purchase both 'Summer Crop' and 'Repairs Required', I will ring Grays and ask them to give me the 10% on both, treating as two seperate orders which would total 20% which is how it should be.

Well if you don't ask you won't get Tim ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

One of the new tractor studies, 'Summer Crop' depicts the David Brown Selectamatic 990. I have been doing a little research on this one and have been told that it is not due to be released until November.

Thanks Tim...I never asked the Posthorn when that one was due for release but that is good to know since I suspect that will be the last release this year after the mid year edition "Logs for sale"

• 4 weeks later...

That's JH34 by Ray Ayres ...does it have a limited number on it Tim :huh:

I don't have that one in my collection but I have a similar one a mid year 2010 introduction B1239 called "Turning on the headland" and was a limited edition of 350

16102010030.jpg

No, there's no limited number on 'Stout Hearts' Bill so I guess that it was an unlimited edition. Very similar to 'Turning on the headland', which looks like it's based on the earlier study, you'd see the differences if you put one beside the other for comparison.

• 1 month later...

This afternoon I went to Sinclair's of Inveruie to pick up and pay for my latest mid year limited edition from Border Fine Arts

B1383

Logs For Sale

Limited edition 600

No 32

A Grey Ferguson petrol / parafinn with Fergie Transport box and Fergie Saw Bench

Photo's taken inside so apologies in advance for any flash back , glare or shadows

P1030456.jpg

P1030457.jpg

P1030459.jpg

P1030460.jpg

• 2 months later...