Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A trip to the home of the "Turra Coo" today saw me buy a 3rd BFA lorry for my collection since it was on sale and 20% off

B1330

Easy Picking

Limited Edition No 120 of a Classic Collection (made in Scotland) of 500.

IMG_0192_zps6cdd9ac4.jpg

IMG_0193_zps13c36206.jpg

IMG_0194_zps14edfa48.jpg

• Like 1

Yes Kenny he was. When the lorries came out I said I would not buy but I have waited and now got three at discounted prices. There is also a horse box one and a tanker one that I know of but I'm not so keen on them...unless the price is right ;D  ;D

If I get the chance I will introduce you to R. Copland.  some day Bill.  He did have a farm mill mix service at that time Andy Anderson drove for him, after that he was a farm machinery sales man.  As for D.D. Kirkpatrick I am not sure but there is a Davy Kirkpatrick does the vintage ploughing matches.

It's a small small world as they say Kenny. Here is the said Davy Kirkpatrick at the Scottish Ploughing Championship at Wick last year and he was placed 1st in the trailing class.

P1080436_zps9bbfa3d5.jpg

And the lorry he uses for his tractor and plough...a bit different to the BFA one if its the same man ;D  ;D

P1080353_zps29dbcb51.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I collect a piece I got thrown in with " A bit of a Stretch".

From the Tractor Collection and made in China and approximately 1/32 scale A25893 Up to Scratch.

IMG_0744_zps47afcde3.jpg

IMG_0745_zpsb42f1384.jpg

IMG_0746_zpsed49b2b2.jpg

IMG_0747_zps6e024488.jpg

IMG_0748_zps202ae0cf.jpg

IMG_0749_zpsa5cbc6b9.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I got an email from Sinclair's of Inverurie saying B1527 "When Push Comes To Shove" was in stock.

Year 24 of the Annual Tractor and my one is number 52 of 500 and the 75 th BFA tractor in my collection excluding horses and lorries and BFA membership ones in total 105.....I'm running out of room so I'm thinking after a quarter of a century and year 25 I maybe need to start downsizing or extend my house :huh:  :unsure:  

P1100332_zps83d04681.jpg

P1100333_zps21bbc24d.jpg

P1100334_zpsdca7732c.jpg

P1100335_zps749c46f0.jpg

As they say..."its really a dogs life" ;D  ;D

P1100336_zps3aa117fe.jpg

P1100337_zps45270126.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Today I collected another BFA to add to the collection. When I got it home and out for photos I discovered the wooden plinth was warped and the actual figurine wasn't sitting properly on the plinth. It was quickly boxed up again and returned to the supplier and exchanged for another one.

B1508
An Occasional Rest

Initially no 59 of a Limited edition of 250 but replaced by No 65

P1000287_zps5ba84ae0.jpg

P1000288_zps69f6bd10.jpg

P1000289_zps9cbfd19a.jpg

P1000290_zps419d4035.jpg

P1000291_zps83be0cb3.jpg

A very nice addition to any collection, as you know BFA are a Langholm company and tend to use local machinery for copying that is why a lot of the vehicles are SM or SW reg's, but this little 434 is most probably a Rickerby's of Carlisle tractor as is Cumbrian registered (just a little tit bit may be of some interest).  

• Like 4

Nice piece Bill :), and great to see a wee nash 434 as the subject...... I think there will be a certain ftf member on here that would love one of these ::);)

Yes its a nice piece but very long for displaying. I have kind of made a half hearted resolution that this will be my last Border Fine Arts purchase since I simply don't have any more display space and I like to display them opposed to just keeping them in boxes...however I can see this being broken  depending on the 2015 annual tractor ;D ;D

A very nice addition to any collection, as you know BFA are a Langholm company and tend to use local machinery for copying that is why a lot of the vehicles are SM or SW reg's, but this little 434 is most probably a Rickerby's of Carlisle tractor as is Cumbrian registered (just a little tit bit may be of some interest).

Thanks for the information Kenny. I have just checked the DVLA and GRM 503D was registered on 23/2/1966 and is still road legal.

excellent B.F.A. example you have there Bill . is this a members piece or is it on general sale?

Its on general sale David and limited to 250 in total. Sinclairs of Inverurie have two the one I returned with the warped base (no 59 of 250) and another one (no 75 of 250). Due to being one of the lowest number issued in the tractor range they don't come cheap but I get a 15% discount off the RRP from Sinclairs who I have dealt with for more years than I care to remember.

Edited by BC
  • Like 3