Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

Don't wish to be critical Bill but being a collector of David Brown and having used them all my life (and still do) it looks a little 'unfinished'. Inside front wheel hubs not brown, sidelights no red rear lense or white (usually depicted in silver) or the black rubber lense 'rings', no reflectors and brackets on the rear of the mudguards, base of the exhaust is poorly painted, bottom looks white above the bonnet, no rear numberplate or light, no ploughing lamp on right mudguard. The wooden base looks a bit 'plasticky' as well. Am I being a little too picky? That reminds me, I'll have to ring them tomorrow and order one up.

Well Tim you have probably forgotten more about these David Brown's than I will never know. Nothing wrong with being critical and I suggest you email BFA to let them know since I have done so in the past and actually got a couple of models repainted e'g the Yellow belly that had a silver battery and the Leyland which had silver wheel rims.

The RRP is £79.95 I got mine for 30% less and paid £ 55.96.

On the base is wood...must be bad photo due to bad lighting...my need daylight lamp isn't working....so much for 8,000 hours for the bulb.

Criticism apart Bill it must be quite difficult in getting everything right in the medium they are made in and the scale so we must be a little forgiving so musn't be too harsh on them. The Posthorn is listing the study on their site for £71.96 that's 10% less than the RRP of £79.95 plus with the 'loyalty' card giving another 10% that reduces it again to a total of £64.76. How did you wangle another 10% off Bill?

Criticism apart Bill it must be quite difficult in getting everything right in the medium they are made in and the scale so we must be a little forgiving so musn't be too harsh on them. The Posthorn is listing the study on their site for £71.96 that's 10% less than the RRP of £79.95 plus with the 'loyalty' card giving another 10% that reduces it again to a total of £64.76. How did you wangle another 10% off Bill?

I didn't even ask Tim...I paid what they requested and thought that was cheap.....must just be an Xmas gesture to a rather good customer :huh: ...I never look a gift horse in the eye or dispute if I have been undercharged ;D ;D

• 1 month later...

The annual Border Fine Arts tractor now in its 23rd year has been announced and I will be adding it to my collection but not the TK Bedford. Its a David Brown 880 Selectamatic which were produced from 1965 to 1971. Always a nice looking tractor when seen on the rally fields.

SCAN0402.jpg

• 2 months later...

I collected the BFA Year 23 tractor B1440 A New Bale limited to 500 and is a David Brown Selectamatic 880.

Apologies pictures taken inside and not great but will get outdoor ones onece the weather improves.

P1010143_zpsd9882c12.jpg

P1010144_zps13eec482.jpg

P1010145_zps75f03cb3.jpg

P1010146_zpsc058366e.jpg

Very nice Bill

Thanks Barry I'm very pleased with it.

It is another nice sculpture - TT was almost tempted.

Are there two models, Bill. The flyer shows light coloured cattle and your item, dark?

Only the 500 John but we were given the option what colour of animals so I went for one to replicate Aberdeeen Angus

Go treat yourself to one Oliver.

I took some outside photos yesterday afternoon. New table used which is quicker to set up that the two screwfix work benches. Just need to figur the quickest and easiest method to fix the back board to the table.

P1010151_zpsb0dfe455.jpg

P1010152_zps04658078.jpg

P1010153_zps6aca5be1.jpg

P1010154_zpsc07acd1e.jpg

P1010155_zps4714b53b.jpg

P1010156_zps1c894a57.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just having a look threw all these fine & very sought after works of art & came across this CABLESS MF 135 filling the muck spreader & it seems the idea here is once the muck spreader is full ,the weight block on the rear will be dropped off & the muck spreader attached for a bit off muck spreading. Thing is !!! Putting out dung with side discharge muck spreader using a CABLESS tractor is a bit MAD unless you want to get destroyed  in S**T from head to toe! So this piece kinda makes no sence! ::)   

"Where there's muck there's money" ;)

• 3 months later...

I got notification from the Border Fine Arts Society yesterday of two mid year tractor introduction.

From the Classic Collection

B1481 A BIT OF A STRETCH

A limited edition of 500 by Ray Ayre

A Farmall BMD diesel but there is something about the paint job I don't like.

P1040462_zps9c24a523.jpg

And from the Stdio collection

A25893

Up to Scratch

P1040463_zpseaa78181.jpg

Edited by BC

There's no real problem in getting covered with the smelly stuff on a cabless tractor from a rotary dung spreader, as long as you're driving into the wind, the front end plate is higher and squarer than the rear plate which stops the dung being flung forwards. It's the old land drive spreaders that are not so good, get a stone in the dung and if it gets hit by the finger rotors it invariably shoots the stone forward and clouts you on the head, I knew a farmer that died this way, they reckoned that the stone knocked him out and the tractor and spreader kept going to the hedge and turned over killing him, he didn't regain consciousness  soon enough to stop the tractor and spreader from climbing the hedge.

There's no real problem in getting covered with the smelly stuff on a cabless tractor from a rotary dung spreader, as long as you're driving into the wind, the front end plate is higher and squarer than the rear plate which stops the dung being flung forwards. It's the old land drive spreaders that are not so good, get a stone in the dung and if it gets hit by the finger rotors it invariably shoots the stone forward and clouts you on the head, I knew a farmer that died this way, they reckoned that the stone knocked him out and the tractor and spreader kept going to the hedge and turned over killing him, he didn't regain consciousness  soon enough to stop the tractor and spreader from climbing the hedge.

A sad ending Tim...but that is life...after all we are all just passing through

• 1 month later...

When I was at the Alford Heritage Center Festival on Sunday there were two traders selling secondary Border Fine Arts. As much as I lked th lorry ones I always said Iw as not going to start them but seeing two minters in boxes and with cetificats and at very very good price I made teh choice to buy. After that I spied two versuions of the Early Start but I could not remember which one I had. A quick check at hoame and a telephopne call to leve a message to say I wanted the one with the ginger cat and it secured it for me and I collected and paid for on the Monday.

JH91A

Early Start - issued 1993

P1060228_zpsde10000b.jpg

P1060229_zps5736ebf5.jpg

P1060230_zpsabc20787.jpg

P1060231_zps172dd4b4.jpg

P1060232_zpsb573428c.jpg