Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

Oh no.. how do they get it so wrong....

That's a MKI MF165 (Perkins AD4.203 engine.. exhaust on the left) .. dish centres are correct... they did offer this model with 11-32" as standard... OR... 11x36" (with a larger 6.00x19" fronts... and the rears had spacers welded to the rims to keep the same centre).... and optional 13-28's

Goodness only knows what they are suppose to be  :of

Or.... perhaps they copied a tractor with high arch mudguards, designed for the 36's that was on 32's  :-\

Either way... Once again, that's not for me thanks

Is this the 'cheaper' range you mentioned last time Bill  - made in China ???

Oh no.. how do they get it so wrong....

That's a MKI MF165 (Perkins AD4.203 engine.. exhaust on the left) .. dish centres are correct... they did offer this model with 11-32" as standard... OR... 11x36" (with a larger 6.00x19" fronts... and the rears had spacers welded to the rims to keep the same centre).... and optional 13-28's

Goodness only knows what they are suppose to be  :of

Or.... perhaps they copied a tractor with high arch mudguards, designed for the 36's that was on 32's  :-\

Either way... Once again, that's not for me thanks

Is this the 'cheaper' range you mentioned last time Bill  - made in China ???

Well no its not the cheaper range Mark known as "Studio" range made in China....its actually one of the dearer Classic collections made in this country.

Seems to me they should steer away from MF's now ???

as you are in the know marky,and its wrong,could it be that they have photoed or measured one that has those wheels on,bit like the uh 135,they modelled from the mf factory with mf 10 parts on it?

Yes quite possible but I do wish they would consult some folk "in the know" before they actually produce the finished article.

• 2 months later...

Not a BFA study but thought that this topic section would be the best place to share this nice find. Bought from a local car boot sale this last Sunday, a rather nice figure of a Hereford bull. Not certain whether it's china or resin, it has a wooden effect resin base but is very heavy and rather large at just over a foot in length. Engraved on the brass plate in fancy script are the words 'Hereford bull' and there is a label under the base that says 'Limited Edition. Reg No. 0148' and a 'logo' 'Best Of Breed' the 'O' in 'Of' is in the form of a prize rosette which is also in the impressed stamp on the ground that the bull is stood together with the date 2005. I have never seen one of these 'Best Of Breed' figures before but beating the seller down to £27 from £35 I thought was a good deal. Anyone know anything about these?

HerefordBull.jpg

I'm afraid I can't shed any light on the maker of that bull Tim but you have reminded me that there is another Border Fine Art Tractor out ;) ;)

It's Number B1327 and called "Going Green" and is a 1930's Fordson Standard N. I can't help but think they have "used" the mould of the orange N which was used in the study B1057 entitled "Old Meets New" and was a limited edition tractor. Going Green is not numbered but is limited to 250. I must admit I was lead to believe (maybe mistakenly) the master mould was "destroyed" and not used again when they made limited tractors.

SCAN0133.jpg

Going_Green_4e3bc63d1b7a2.jpg

Old Meets New

16102010046.jpg

• 1 month later...

Today I decided I would attend the Border Fine Arts Event at Sinclairs of Inverurie since I had two BFA models from their other shop the Posthorn in Castle Douglas to collect.

Anyway Ray Ayres was there and I had a chat about the MF 390 and asked him if they had received any bad feedback about it. He said no and when I said they had got the slope on bonnet totally wrong he said well they made this for MF and they approved it and laughed it off saying too late to do anything now.

Anyway I entered a couple of the competitions they were running and decided to hold on to a BFA pen...well I suppose I do have a collection of pens as well ;) ;)

ST838500.jpg

ST838501.jpg

On to my purchases of the day which I had phoned about earlier to see if I could get Ray to sign them when I came across. When I got there they had already been done so you have been spared another photo ;) ;)

Apologies for any shadows etc in photos since well taken inside this afternoon since a tab wet outside today.

B1327

Going Green

Not limited but only 250 produced

The old yellow / orange Fordson Standard N being repainted to low like a newer green model

ST838502.jpg

ST838503.jpg

ST838504.jpg

ST838505.jpg

Now I was unsure about this when when I first saw the picture and what looked to have under-sized wheels / tyres  but heck I ordered it anyway since well I did not want to break the link in my collection ;) ;)

B1236

Fine Weather Work

Limited edition of 750

ST838512.jpg

ST838513.jpg

ST838514.jpg

ST838515.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Today I picked up Year 22 of the Border Fine Arts Tractor from Sunclairs in Inverurie via their Posthorn shop in Castle Douglas.

B1389

Taking a Break

Limited edition No 38 of 500

This figurine show three farm works and two young boys "Taking a break" from harvesting with their 1930's 1940's green Fordson N and binder.

ST839494.jpg

ST839495.jpg

ST839496.jpg

Looks like BFA copied the rear wheels for the 165 from the Corgi Toys 65, they do look wrong! They would look better even if they had fitted PVAT wheels, the centres look a bit too deep to me.

I have to agree Tim the rear tyre's, rims and the centers do not look right and well I'm not a Massey expert as many of you on here will know....... but as I have said before I have become addicted to Border Fine Arts since the first one I bought in 1997 from Bakers in Aberdeen ( now closed down but I still have a carrier bag from them 8) ) and now I really don't want to break the chain ;D ;D ..anyway I have had the enjoyment of building up my collection over the past 16 years and viewing them in the cabinets as many times as I want. In addition on the investment side of things well I see then as my 3rd or 4th pension fund :unsure:

Which reminds me I must get a second display unit I bought from Ikea nearly two year's ago assembled...add to things to do for next week.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I came back from the Graham Hill sale at the Forfar Mart with three additions to my Border Fine Arts collection. Prices on the whole were back especially for the limited editions but I would say the studio ones sold well. Anyway I was well pleased getting two figurines at below their original RRP 8)

The first one I bought was the JOAL JCB Fastrac which was mounted on a Border Fine Art scene.

BO273

Frontiers of Farming "Fastrac"

This one was issued in 1997 and was a limited edition run of 1,00o and the RRP then was £ 195

P1000896.jpg

P1000897.jpg

P1000898.jpg

P1000899.jpg

P1000900.jpg

P1000901.jpg

Edited by BC