Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

I had some bumf in the post today from Gray's, the company that distributes/retails them based in Scotland advertising the new releases and items selling at reduced rates and their diary dates of events that they are attending in 2008.

Yes I got that too powerrabbit. Clearing some old stock I think.

Yep...and its a very expensive Joal JCB.  These sell for between ?350 and ?550!!

I was just think before I came up to this post, if JDC and Tris got there heads together they could make a killing by mounting some scaledowns on a small diarama!

I only have two examples of these at present,. 'Getting ready for Smithfield', the Silver Jubillee D.B. 1412 and 'Kick Start', The D.B. Cropmaster with the farmer kicking the flat front tyre.  Should like to aquire some more but price is a bit out of my range. The one they did of the D.B. 780 with the childs pedal tractor beside it called 'Like Father like Son' They used my pedal tractor for the model and were supposed to let me have one of the models at a reduction but they never did so that put me off buying any more.

I only have two examples of these at present,. 'Getting ready for Smithfield', the Silver Jubillee D.B. 1412 and 'Kick Start', The D.B. Cropmaster with the farmer kicking the flat front tyre.  Should like to aquire some more but price is a bit out of my range. The one they did of the D.B. 780 with the childs pedal tractor beside it called 'Like Father like Son' They used my pedal tractor for the model and were supposed to let me have one of the models at a reduction but they never did so that put me off buying any more.

Like father like son was a really nice model and any kids when they see that model just home in on it.Me too!!

Sorry no picture to post on it I'm afraid.

Can't post Lifting the Pinks or Golden Memories pictures either due to file sizes too big but by now you may all have seen enough of these tractors!!!

Nigel,Limited numbers were up as high as 2003 at one stage but thankfully they have cut back to 950. Good point on the wheels I never really noticed but thinking back to the last time I drove one of these in the 80's they were silver weren't they?? I saw them as being a "soft" tractor but recall havng a nice bark to the engine and speedy on the road.

Normally BFA are spot on since they usually take the real thing to the factory for copying. Could be the one they used had the wheels painted white by the owner. I just don't know but you have inspired me to e-mail the sociey and will advise of any response I get

They've also bought our models to check they're doing them right! ;):)

Thanks deerepower and powerrabbit for posting aditional photos. The ones missing as far as I can recall are

Golden Memories

New Technology arrives

The Fergie

Lifting the pinks

Where there's muck there's money.

If anyone has photos of these please feel free to add.

Peter do you thinks thats them all ?????